The 5 Best VPNs for Atlanta (Fast, Secure, and Good for Streaming)
An Atlanta VPN is an essential online tool. It protects your online data, improves your streaming experience, and prevents bandwidth throttling. But not every VPN you come across is a good service. In fact, many VPNs provide slow speeds, don’t unblock US titles on streaming sites, and have glitchy apps.
So picking a good VPN is difficult. But we aim to make it simple with this guide. We tested the top providers out there to find the best VPNs for Atlanta. Keep reading to see what they are.
The 5 Best Atlanta VPNs on the Market
We tested 20+ top VPNs to see which ones provide excellent streaming, fast speeds, good security, and more. Our results show that these are the 5 best VPNs for Atlanta:
We believe NordVPN is the best Atlanta VPN out there — it comes with 80+ servers in Atlanta, excellent security, and very fast speeds. In all our speed tests, this VPN performed really well. All Atlanta sites we visited loaded instantly, and so did our HD and 4K videos.
NordVPN is also really good for streaming and torrenting. With it, we were always able to access US titles on websites like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+. And this provider has servers in 55+ other countries, so it’s extremely easy to get access to foreign streaming sites too. And it’s great that all servers in Atlanta support P2P traffic.
This VPN is also one of the most secure services on the market. It comes with a twice-audited no-logs policy, so it’s really easy to trust it. What’s more, NordVPN has also transitioned to a colocated network. That means it uses data centers but ships its own hardware, so only its staff has access to the servers. Furthermore, this VPN comes with RAM-only servers, which means every server reset wipes all data.
NordVPN also comes with:
- CyberSec — this is a very good ad blocker. In our tests, it was always able to get rid of annoying ads on Atlanta and Georgia sites, which made them load faster.
- Split-tunneling — a feature that lets you choose which apps use the VPN and which apps use your local network.
- Obfuscation — hides your VPN traffic, allowing you to bypass VPN blocks.
- Double VPN — sends your data through 2 VPN servers, which adds an extra layer of encryption.
This provider also comes with intuitive apps for all platforms and 24/7 live chat. And it has very cheap plans and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Thousands of lightning-fast servers
- Unblocks streaming services
- Fully supports Torrenting and P2P
- Strict no-logs policy and RAM-disk servers
- Ad blocker and malware protection features
- Robust security features and military-grade encryption
- 24/7 live chat support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Only 6 simultaneous connections
- No free trial
Surfshark has VPN servers in Atlanta and supports unlimited connections. So this VPN is a great pick if everyone in your house wants to get an Atlanta IP address. We asked everyone at our office to test this VPN’s Atlanta server, and we all had very fast speeds. HD videos loaded instantly and we downloaded 30 GB files in 10–15 minutes.
This provider also comes with really good security. It has advanced security features like RAM-only servers. And it also provides split-tunneling, double VPN connections, and obfuscation. There’s also an ad blocker called CleanWeb — in our tests, it blocked most ads on Georgia media outlets. And it also successfully blocked our connections to shady HTTP Atlanta sites.
But that’s not all. With Surfshark, you can also purchase add-ons to get even more security. There’s Surfshark Antivirus, which protects your device against malware infections. And there’s Surfshark Alert, which lets you know if your email address has been leaked.
This VPN provider is also great for streaming and torrenting. We were always able to watch US shows and movies on sites like Netflix and Amazon Prime. And all of its servers support torrenting.
Surfshark’s apps are also very easy to use and navigate, and we like how you always know what all features do. And if you ever experience any issues, there’s 24/7 live chat available.
This VPN also has some very affordable plans and comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Very affordable
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Ad-blocking feature
- Unblocks streaming platforms
- Allows split-tunneling and has multi-hop VPN feature
- No-log policy and strong security features
- GPS spoofing on Android devices
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No free version
- Does not allow P2P seeding
AtlasVPN is a great pick if you own tons of devices and just want a basic VPN that works well. It allows unlimited connections, meaning you can set up the VPN on as many devices as you want. While this provider doesn’t have servers in Atlanta or anywhere else in Georgia, it has plenty of servers in the US.
And in addition to industry-standard security features, you also get a Tracker Blocker and Data Breach Monitor. The Tracker Blocker doesn’t get rid of ads, but it’s still good at stopping ad trackers from compromising your privacy. And you can use the Data Breach Monitor to check if your email has been compromised.
In our tests, AtlasVPN worked with all the top US streaming sites we tested. And we were also able to torrent on all US servers while using top P2P apps like Vuze and uTorrent. Also, we had very fast speeds — HD videos loaded instantly and didn’t buffer and our VoIP calls never dropped.
This VPN also comes with easy-to-use apps for most platforms. And while there’s no 24/7 live chat, you still get very responsive and helpful email support.
AtlasVPN has a free plan that supports unlimited connections, has servers in the US, and provides fast speeds and good security. But you don’t get streaming and torrenting support, and are limited to 10 GB per month. We recommend upgrading to the provider’s paid plans because they are very cheap. Plus, this VPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Very affordable plans and it has a free version
- Fast Speeds
- Unlimited device support
- WireGuard protocol and strong security features
- Unblocks streaming services
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Limited Linux app
- Based in the US
- Not so many servers
PrivateVPN has a server location in Atlanta and is an excellent pick for people new to VPNs. That’s because its apps are extremely easy to install and use. It only took us 1–2 minutes to download and install them, and 3–4 seconds to find and connect to the Atlanta VPN server. What’s more, this provider’s apps are very simple to navigate and all settings and features have helpful explanations.
And we also like how fast this VPN is. When we ran tests, all Atlanta sites loaded instantly and 4K videos took only 2–3 seconds to load. We also gamed on distant servers and never experienced high ping or lag.
Plus, PrivateVPN is excellent for streaming. It works with popular US sites like Hulu, HBO Max, and Netflix US. And it’s great for torrenting too — all servers allow P2P traffic and the download speeds are very fast.
This VPN also has great security. Besides a system-level kill switch, there’s also an app-level kill switch. Basically, you can tell PrivateVPN which apps to shut down if the VPN disconnects, which is very convenient. And obfuscation is also available, so you can hide your VPN traffic from your ISP.
PrivateVPN provides very good 24/7 live chat support and has some of the cheapest plans out there. And it backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Supports P2P traffic and allows port forwarding
- Unlimited bandwidth and great speeds
- Unblocks most streaming platforms
- Zero-logging policy
- Free Static IP servers
- 10 simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Not as many servers as other VPN providers
- No split-tunneling
ExpressVPN has Atlanta VPN servers and high-end security features. Its no-logs policy has been independently audited and verified, and the audit’s results are made public. What’s more, this VPN has advanced security features like RAM-only servers. It also has perfect forward secrecy, which changes the encryption key for each VPN connection. That makes it almost impossible for any hacker to compromise an encryption key.
ExpressVPN also comes with split-tunneling, a feature we tested multiple times. We successfully used it to send only P2P traffic through the VPN and access our bank site using our local network. This provider is also excellent for streaming since it works with 65+ streaming sites. Also, its Atlanta VPN servers support torrenting.
On top of that, we also ran multiple speed tests. This VPN always provided us with blazing-fast connections. All sites loaded in less than 2 seconds, 4K videos loaded in 1–2 seconds and didn’t buffer, and we gamed online without any lag.
We also like how user-friendly ExpressVPN’s apps are. They’re very intuitive, so it’s really simple to find and connect to the Atlanta VPN servers. We also really like the unique Shortcuts feature. It lets you create 1-click shortcuts for your favorite apps and sites, which show up on your screen after you connect to a server. We were able to use it to get instant access to Netflix US after connecting to the Atlanta VPN server.
This VPN provider is a bit pricey, but its plans are flexible and it provides excellent value. Plus, you buy with no risk since there’s a no-questions-asked 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Works with streaming
- Supports torrenting
- No-logs policy
- TrustedServer technology with RAM-only servers
- Premium security features
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Expensive subscription plans
- Only 5 simultaneous connections
Why Do You Need an Atlanta VPN?
Here are the main reasons people in Atlanta or outside it use an Atlanta VPN:
- They do it to secure their data when they use public WiFi. VPNs encrypt connections, so hackers can’t spy on your traffic because it’s unreadable.
- They use VPNs to stop ISPs from throttling their speeds. Because VPNs encrypt your data, your ISP can’t see what you’re doing online. So they can’t selectively slow down your connections.
- People who travel abroad use VPNs to access geo-blocked US titles on popular streaming sites.
- People in Atlanta or Georgia use VPNs to get around annoying sports blackouts and watch their favorite teams play.
- Many people also use VPNs to hide their P2P traffic from their ISPs. In addition to that, VPNs also mask your IP address, so copyright trolls can’t compromise your privacy in torrent swarms.
- University students use VPNs to hide their browsing and access sites blocked by firewalls.
Besides that, a VPN is the easiest way to get an Atlanta IP address. You only need to sign up for a VPN, download and install its app, and use the app to connect to an Atlanta VPN server.
How to Pick the Best VPN for Atlanta
Here are the metrics we used to find the best Atlanta VPNs:
- US Servers — you need servers in the US to access US sites. Most of our top picks have servers in Atlanta, so you can even get an Atlanta IP address.
- Fast speeds — using a VPN might slow down your speeds due to the encryption. But the best VPNs limit the speed loss so that it doesn’t affect your online experience. All the VPNs we recommend have fast speeds for all online activities.
- Large server network — a VPN should have servers in multiple countries. That way, you can watch shows and movies from other places other than the US.
- Strong security — all our top picks have industry-standard security and privacy features. They come with bank-grade encryption, kill switches, no-logs policies, and leak protection.
- Ease of use — we only recommend VPNs that have cross-platform compatible apps that are easy to install and use. On average, it didn’t take us more than 5 seconds to find and connect to a US server.
- Streaming & torrenting support — all the VPNs we recommend work with popular US sites like Netflix, Hulu, and HBO Max. They also allow torrenting on their US servers.
- Extra features — we focused on VPNs that come with extra features like split-tunneling, ad blockers, and obfuscation.
- Good value — all our top picks are very affordable and have plans that are flexible. Also, they back all purchases with 30-day money-back guarantees.
The Best Free VPNs for Atlanta
We normally recommend avoiding free VPNs. They’re just not worth it — they lack essential security features, log and sell your data, and expose you to malware. And if they’re not that bad, they still have other problems like slow speeds, bandwidth caps, and buggy apps.
But if you insist on using a free VPN, we recommend trying these paid providers’ free plans:
- AtlasVPN — the free plan doesn’t have Atlanta VPN servers, but it comes with US servers. It also has unlimited connections, fast speeds, and really good security. But the free plan limits you to 10 GB per month and you don’t get streaming and torrenting support.
- ProtonVPN — one of the only free plans that allows unlimited data. But you don’t get Atlanta VPN servers, just US servers. Also, you’re limited to 1 device and don’t get streaming and torrenting support.
- Windscribe — its free plan has servers in Atlanta, good speeds, and works with streaming sites. But it limits you to 2 GB per month, though you can get 10 GB if you verify your email on signup.
Overall, a free plan is a good way to test a VPN to see if it’s good for you. But, ultimately, a paid VPN is always better — so we definitely recommend picking a paid option long-term, like NordVPN or one of AtlasVPN’s paid plans.
Atlanta VPN FAQs
These are the most common questions people ask about using an Atlanta VPN. If you have more questions, just drop us a line in the comments.
Do You Actually Need an Atlanta VPN?
Yes, there are tons of good reasons to use a VPN for Atlanta:
- Secure your data on public WiFi.
- Stop ISPs, hackers, and governments from spying on your browsing.
- Stop ISPs from throttling your connections.
- Unblock US titles when traveling abroad.
- Get around annoying sports blackouts.
- Hide your P2P traffic.
Is It Legal to Use a VPN for Atlanta?
Yes, it’s perfectly legal to use a VPN in Atlanta — or any other city in Georgia or the US, for that matter. It’s only against the law to use a VPN when you use it to engage in criminal activities.
What’s the Best VPN for Atlanta?
We think NordVPN is the best Atlanta VPN on the market. It has 80+ servers in Atlanta, so you won’t have to deal with overcrowded servers. In addition to that, this VPN is very fast, provides excellent security, is good for streaming and torrenting, and has easy-to-use apps.
How to Get an Atlanta IP Address
Here’s how to easily get an Atlanta IP address:
- Sign up for a good VPN that has servers in Atlanta — we recommend NordVPN.
- Download the VPN’s app to your device.
- Install the VPN app.
- Open the VPN app.
- Find and connect to an Atlanta VPN server.
- Surf the web with an Atlanta IP address.
If you only want to get a US IP address, we’ve got you covered. Use our guide to the best VPN for USA to find the right service for you and see how to get a US IP.
Can You Use a Free Atlanta VPN?
There are plenty of free VPNs out there, but we don’t recommend using them. Many of them don’t have servers in Atlanta. And even if you find one that does, there are other issues. Free VPNs are usually slow, have data caps, don’t work with streaming sites, and are not safe to use.
However, if you insist on trying a free VPN, we suggest checking out AtlasVPN’s free plan. You don’t get Atlanta VPN servers, but you get US servers, fast speeds, good security, and unlimited connections. But you’re limited to 10 GB of data and don’t get P2P and streaming support. To get that, you need to upgrade to one of AtlasVPN’s paid plans, which are super cheap. Plus, all your purchases are backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Do You Need an Atlanta VPN as a University Student?
If you’re a student in Atlanta or any other city in Georgia, it might be a good idea to use a VPN. Using one guarantees your privacy, as the campus network admins won’t be able to spy on your browsing since the VPN encrypts it.
What’s more, you can use a VPN to access sites that are blocked by firewalls. And you can also use it to hide your P2P traffic so that you don’t get in trouble.
Can you use a VPN in other cities in the US?
The Bottom Line
An Atlanta VPN has tons of perks — unblock US titles abroad, good security, bypass sports blackouts, and more. In this article, we ranked the top VPNs for Atlanta based on our metrics. However, we’d also like to know what you look for when picking a VPN. Also, why do you use a VPN? Let us know in the comments.