The Best VPNs for Miami, Florida (Fast, Secure, and Easy to Use)
VPNs are great online tools that benefit anyone living in Miami, the state of Florida, or abroad. They help you watch your favorite US titles anywhere in the world. And they also protect you from hackers and prevent ISPs from throttling your speeds.
However, not all the top VPNs have servers in Miami or Florida. And out of the few that do, not all of them provide a good customer experience. Some have very slow speeds, buggy apps, or don’t work with US sites like Netflix and Hulu. But we ran multiple tests and managed to find the best VPNs for Miami, Florida. Keep reading to see which one might fit your needs.
Alternatively, if you only want the best VPN for USA, click that link to see our other, more general guide.
The 5 Best VPNs for Miami, Florida
After testing dozens of top VPNs on the market, we managed to find the best 5 VPNs for Miami or any other city in Florida.
NordVPN is the best Miami and Florida VPN out there. It has over 1,700 servers in the US, and 140+ of those servers are in Miami. In our tests, we were always able to access US titles on sites like Netflix and Amazon Prime using this VPN’s Miami servers. And we also love how all its Miami servers support torrenting.
And if you want to get an IP address from a different country to unblock other sites, NordVPN has got you covered. It has thousands of servers in 55+ other countries. Also, this provider has some of the fastest speeds on the market.
What’s more, this VPN comes with excellent security and privacy features. It has advanced security features like RAM-only servers, which wipe all stored data after every reset. And this VPN provider’s no-logs policy has been independently audited and verified twice.
Here’s what else you get with NordVPN:
- Obfuscated servers, which mask your VPN traffic and help you avoid VPN blocks.
- CyberSec, which is a really good ad blocker. In our tests, it got rid of annoying ads on Miami and Florida media outlets. We also tested it with some shady HTTP sites from Miami, and it always blocked our connections.
- Double VPN servers, which add an extra layer of encryption to provide even more security.
- Split-tunneling, which lets you choose which apps use the VPN and which apps use your ISP’s network. In our tests, we used this feature to only route gaming traffic through the VPN, which improved our speeds and decreased our ping.
We also really like how easy to use NordVPN is. It has apps on most platforms, and its apps are extremely intuitive. On average, it only took us 2–3 seconds to find and connect to this provider’s Miami VPN servers.
NordVPN also provides really good support via 24/7 live chat. It features affordable plans and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Thousands of lightning-fast servers
- Unblocks streaming services
- Fully supports Torrenting and P2P
- Strict no-logs policy and RAM-disk servers
- Ad blocker and malware protection features
- Robust security features and military-grade encryption
- 24/7 live chat support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Only 6 simultaneous connections
- No free trial
Surfshark provides excellent security, fast speeds, and has servers in Miami. It also supports unlimited connections, so you can use this VPN to get a Miami IP address on as many devices as you want. It’s actually a perfect pick if everyone in your family wants to get a Miami IP address.
And this VPN has very fast speeds. When we ran tests, we never experienced high ping while gaming and all the Miami sites we visited loaded instantly. Plus, we downloaded large 40–50 GB files in only 20–25 minutes, which is very fast.
We also like how Surfshark comes with tons of cool security features. For starters, it has CleanWeb, which is a really good ad blocker. We used it on multiple Miami and Florida news sites, and it always got rid of most ads. Thanks to that, the sites actually loaded 20–30% faster.
Furthermore, Surfshark’s apps are very intuitive. You know what everything does right from the start, and it’s really great that all features and settings have helpful explanations.
This VPN provides really good 24/7 live chat and has very affordable plans. It also backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Very affordable
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Ad-blocking feature
- Unblocks streaming platforms
- Allows split-tunneling and has multi-hop VPN feature
- No-log policy and strong security features
- GPS spoofing on Android devices
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No free version
- Does not allow P2P seeding
AtlasVPN is very budget-friendly and is great for basic VPN users. It also allows unlimited connections, which means you can use this VPN on as many devices as you want. That also means you can share your subscription with friends and family to save money.
This VPN doesn’t have a lot of features, but it has the essentials. It works with US streaming sites and even provides streaming-optimized servers, including one in Miami. That means the servers refresh their IP addresses very often, so it’s very difficult for streaming sites to block them. And AtlasVPN allows torrenting on its Miami servers and also works with popular P2P apps like qBittorrent and uTorrent.
Also, AtlasVPN provides great security features. For one, it has a Data Breach Monitor, which allows you to check if your email address was compromised in data breaches. On top of that, there’s a Tracker Blocker — while it can’t block ads, it stops annoying ad trackers from spying on your browsing.
We also like how fast this VPN is. In our tests, Miami sites always loaded in less than 2 seconds, and HD videos loaded instantly and didn’t buffer.
This VPN’s apps are also user-friendly and minimalistic, so new users won’t feel overwhelmed. There’s no live chat support, but AtlasVPN has really responsive and helpful email support.
There’s a free plan that lets you test the VPN, but it doesn’t come with the Miami servers and it limits you to 10 GB per month. Fortunately, upgrading to the paid plans won’t set you back a lot of money because AtlasVPN is super cheap. Plus, this provider backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Very affordable plans and it has a free version
- Fast Speeds
- Unlimited device support
- WireGuard protocol and strong security features
- Unblocks streaming services
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Limited Linux app
- Based in the US
- Not so many servers
PrivateVPN is a good VPN for beginners and comes with servers in Miami. We really like how easy it is to install and use its apps. In our tests, it only took us 1–2 minutes to download and install the apps, and just 4 seconds to connect to its Miami servers. The interface is extremely simple to navigate, and we like how all options have quick explanations.
In addition to US servers, this VPN also has servers in 60+ other countries — so you can unblock tons of online content. Speaking of which, we can confirm that PrivateVPN’s Miami servers work with top US sites like Hulu and Pandora Radio. And we also like that this provider allows P2P traffic on its Miami servers.
On top of being very easy to use, this VPN also provides blazing-fast speeds. We ran multiple tests, and were always able to access Florida sites instantly. What’s more, 4K videos loaded in 2–3 seconds and didn’t buffer and our VoIP calls never froze or dropped.
It’s also cool that this VPN supports obfuscation — you can use it to stop your ISP from seeing that you’re using a VPN. And besides a system-level kill switch, there’s also an app-level kill switch. Basically, you can tell PrivateVPN which apps to shut down if the VPN connection drops. We tested the feature, and it successfully terminated our P2P apps when the VPN disconnected.
This provider has 24/7 live chat and some of the most affordable plans on the market. It also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Supports P2P traffic and allows port forwarding
- Unlimited bandwidth and great speeds
- Unblocks most streaming platforms
- Zero-logging policy
- Free Static IP servers
- 10 simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Not as many servers as other VPN providers
- No split-tunneling
ExpressVPN has servers in Miami and provides high-end security and privacy features. Its no-logs policy has been audited, and the audit’s results are available online — we really like the transparency. And this VPN also has RAM-only servers. What’s more, it comes with perfect forward secrecy too, which changes your encryption key for each VPN connection to protect you from hackers.
On top of all of that, this VPN provider comes with obfuscation and full leak protection. We actually ran multiple leak tests, and we never saw our real IP address. Only ExpressVPN’s Miami IP addresses were visible.
And we love how easy to use and convenient this VPN’s apps are. They’re available on all platforms and make it extremely simple to get a Miami IP address. They also have a unique Shortcuts feature — it lets you create 1-click shortcuts for sites and apps. Once you connect to a VPN server, those shortcuts show up on your screen.
In our speed tests, this VPN always performed really well. Miami sites loaded instantly and so did HD and 4K videos. And we never experienced buffering or quality drops while skipping through the videos.
ExpressVPN provides 24/7 live chat and has affordable plans. Also, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Works with streaming
- Supports torrenting
- No-logs policy
- TrustedServer technology with RAM-only servers
- Premium security features
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Expensive subscription plans
- Only 5 simultaneous connections
Why Use a VPN for Miami or Any Other City in Florida?
Here’s why most people living inside and outside of Florida like to use a Miami or Florida VPN:
- They want to stop ISPs from spying on their traffic. So they use VPNs to encrypt their connections to make their data unreadable.
- To stop Florida ISPs from selectively throttling their bandwidth. A VPN stops ISPs from seeing what you’re doing online, so they can’t slow down your speeds for specific activities.
- To bypass sports blackouts, which prevent people in Florida or Miami from watching games on specific streaming sites.
- People in Florida use VPNs on public WiFi to secure their traffic against cyber attacks. For example, they use VPNs on airports WiFi networks in Florida while checking their email or their bank accounts.
- People outside the US might use a Miami VPN to unblock US sites like Hulu and Netflix — especially people in South America, Europe, and Africa. VPN servers in Miami are closer to them than VPN servers in other parts of the US, so they get faster speeds.
- To connect to Miami or Florida bank sites while traveling abroad. Many bank websites actually flag foreign IPs as being suspicious and block them.
- To secure torrenting traffic and hide it from Florida ISPs. VPNs also hide your IP address in the torren swarm, protecting you from DDoS attacks and copyright trolls.
- Students also use VPNs on their campus WiFi networks. For example, some might use University of Florida VPNs or Miami University VPNs to access sites blocked by firewalls.
In addition to all those reasons, using a VPN is the easiest way to get a Florida IP. You only need to sign up for a VPN, download and install its app, and use the app to connect to a Miami or Florida VPN server.
How to Choose the Best Florida VPN
These are the metrics we used when ranking the best VPNs for Florida:
- Florida VPN servers — to get a Florida IP address, you need to connect to a VPN server that’s located in Florida. And if you live in Florida and only want to use a VPN to protect your data, connecting to a Florida VPN server will provide you with the fastest speeds.
- Fast speeds — because VPN encrypt your traffic, they might slow down your speeds. But the best VPNs minimize the speed loss. All the VPNs we recommend come with very fast browsing, streaming, and torrenting speeds.
- Large server network — a good VPN will also have multiple servers in other parts of the US and the world. That way, it can help you get US IPs from other cities and access geo-blocked sites from other countries.
- Security and privacy — a VPN needs to provide industry-standard security and privacy features to keep you safe online. All the VPNs we recommend have bank-grade encryption and no-logs policies. And they also protect you from traffic leaks with kill switches.
- Streaming and torrenting support — all our top picks work with popular US sites like Netflix US, Hulu, and Disney+. And they also allow torrenting on their Florida servers and work with top P2P apps like Deluge and Vuze.
- Ease of use — good VPNs never ask you to use complicated third-party clients. All the VPNs we recommend have dedicated apps that are very intuitive and simple to navigate.
- Extra features — we only recommend VPNs that come with extra features like split-tunneling and ad blockers.
- Good value — the VPNs in our article are very affordable and feature flexible plan lengths. They also back all purchases with generous 30-day money-back guarantees.
The Best Free VPNs for Miami, Florida
It’s usually a bad idea to use free VPNs. Most of them are missing essential security features, log and sell your data to advertisers, and expose you to malware. What’s more, many free VPNs have very slow speeds and limit how much data you can use.
That said, there are decent paid VPNs that have some really good free plans which are safe to use:
- AtlasVPN — the free plan doesn’t include servers in Miami or Florida, but it comes with US server locations. It also provides very fast speeds, unlimited connections, and good security. The free plan limits you to 10 GB per month. If you upgrade to the paid plan, which is extremely cheap, you get unlimited data and servers in Miami.
- ProtonVPN — this is one of the only free VPNs on the market that provides unlimited data on its free plan. You also get US servers, but you’ll need to upgrade to ProtonVPN’s paid plans to access the Miami VPN servers. The free plan comes with fast speeds, but it limits you to 1 device.
- Windscribe — it’s free plan lets you use Miami VPN servers and also includes good streaming. However, you’re limited to 2 GB per month — but you can increase the limit to 10 GB if you verify your email on signup.
If you want our opinion, we suggest getting a paid VPN instead because it simply provides a better experience. We recommend getting NordVPN or one of AtlasVPN’s paid plans.
Florida VPN FAQs
We tracked the most common questions people ask about Miami and Florida VPNs and answered them here. If you have more questions, just drop us a comment.
Is Using a VPN Legal in Florida?
Yes, it’s perfectly legal to use a VPN in Florida. It only becomes illegal to do that if you use the VPN to engage in criminal activities.
How to Get a Miami IP Address
Here’s how to get a Miami IP address in just 5 steps:
- Get a good VPN with servers in Miami — our top pick is NordVPN.
- Find and download the VPN provider’s app.
- Install the VPN app on your device.
- Open the app and connect to a Miami VPN server.
- Start browsing the internet using a Miami IP address.
Do You Actually Need a VPN in Miami, Florida?
Yes, there are tons of reasons to use a Miami or Florida VPN:
- Hide your torrenting traffic.
- Unblock US titles when you’re traveling abroad.
- Protect your data from hackers and stop ISPs from spying on your browsing.
- Stop ISPs from throttling your speeds.
- Get around annoying sports blackouts.
Do You Need a Miami University VPN or a University of Florida VPN?
If you’re a student at any university in Florida, a VPN can come in handy. Here’s why:
- You can use the VPN to hide P2P traffic on the university’s network.
- You can use a VPN to surf sites that are blocked by firewalls on campus WiFi.
- Finally, you can use a VPN to stop university network admins from seeing your traffic.
Should You Use a VPN at Airports in Florida?
Yes, we definitely recommend using a VPN when you use airport WiFi in Florida — or any other state or country, for that matter. Airport WiFi usually doesn’t require a password, so it doesn’t use encryption. That means hackers can spy on your traffic. Always use a VPN to make your data unreadable.
Plus, there’s a chance cybercriminals might set up fake WiFi networks that imitate airport networks. If you connect to their fake networks, they can spy on and log all your data. But if you accidentally connect to a fake network while using a VPN, the hackers running the network won’t see your traffic because it’s encrypted.
Can You Use Free Florida VPNs?
We normally recommend avoiding free VPNs. They often lack important security and privacy features, have slow speeds, and limit how much data you can use. Plus, many free VPNs don’t even have servers in Florida.
If you insist on using a free VPN, try AtlasVPN. Its free plan doesn’t include Florida VPN servers, but you still get US servers. And you also get fast speeds, unlimited connections, and good security and privacy features. However, you’ll be limited to 10 GB of data each month. Upgrading to one of AtlasVPN’s paid plans — which are very cheap — will get you Miami servers, unlimited data, and P2P support.
Can you use a VPN in other states in the US?
The Bottom Line
There are tons of good reasons anyone in Florida or outside the state should use a Florida VPN. For example, they can bypass sports blackouts, secure sensitive data, and unblock US titles abroad. But we’d love to hear why you’re interested in using a Florida or Miami VPN. Also, please let us know which VPN you like to use and why.