5 Best VPNs for Seattle
- You can use a Seattle VPN to access content, ensure online privacy, protect your valuable data, and more.
- Using a VPN is entirely legal in Seattle, as long as you don’t use it to mask any illegal activities.
- Setting up a Seattle VPN is very straightforward. However, it’s essential to pick the right Virtual Private Network based on your needs and preferences.
Whether you’re traveling abroad and want local access or simply want to protect your valuable information while in Seattle, using a local IP address provided to you by a VPN service is the best way to go about it. That said, not every VPN offers IP addresses in Seattle, and some that do aren’t worth your attention.
That’s why I’ve tested dozens of VPN services to narrow down my choice to the five best Seattle VPN services. All the VPNs on this page can provide you with uncompromising security and reliable performance. Additionally, I’ll cover other tips and information you need to know before using a Seattle VPN.
Our testing has shown, that NordVPN is the best VPN for Seattle.
This page contains extensive information on the best Seattle VPNs on the market and other valuable tips and tricks. If you’re looking for quick answers that could help you pick a suitable VPN for Seattle, check out the detailed and helpful table below:
Best VPNs for Seattle – our shortlist:
- NordVPN – The best VPN for Seattle overall.
- Surfshark – Offers unlimited connections with Seattle servers.
- AtlasVPN – Best VPN for Seattle with a free version.
- PrivateVPN – Good for torrenting and port-forwarding.
- ExpressVPN – A fast and trusted Seattle VPN.
A quick Seattle VPN comparison
|Rank||VPN Service||Our Score||Available Servers||Simultaneous|
|1.||NordVPN||4.8/5||5200+||6||Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, Routers|
|2.||Surfshark||4.6/5||3200+||Unlimited||Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, Routers|
|3.||AtlasVPN||4.5/5||750+||Unlimited||Android, iOS, Windows, macOS|
|4.||PrivateVPN||4.3/5||200+||10||Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, Routers|
|5.||ExpressVPN||4.3/5||3000+||5||Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, Routers|
Why Use a Seattle VPN?
Perhaps you’re still on the fence about using a VPN service altogether, and you’re unsure if you need one. As a privacy expert, I’m here to help bring this important topic closer. To do so, I’ll share with you the four reasons why you should use a VPN for Seattle:
- Security on Public Networks – If you’re frequently using public WiFi networks in various Seattle cafes, restaurants, malls, or other locations, a VPN is an absolute must-have. With a VPN, you get automatic WiFi protection. So, you can use a public network and still maintain a private connection.
- Protection From Prying Eyes – Even if you’re only using your home network to access the Internet, you’re not free of prying eyes. Malicious online users and even your Internet Service Provider can access your valuable data. A quality VPN allows you to enjoy private browsing free from anyone trying to track you.
- Privacy From the Apps You Use – Unfortunately, many apps you use (most famously Facebook) have been called out for misusing user data for financial purposes. You can utilize a VPN’s privacy features to trick these apps and prevent them from connecting your in-app interests and behavior to your real IP address.
- Unrestricted Online Access – Lastly, besides identity protection reasons, you can use a VPN for accessing global content. You can watch content from any location and keep in touch with local content in Seattle when traveling to other countries. This is a particularly convenient feature if you like streaming and want to access content from different regions.
5 Best VPNs to Use in Seattle – our detailed list
NordVPN is my top choice for the best VPN for Seattle in 2023. With a huge network of over 5,500 servers around the globe, it’s the most impressive VPN to offer Seattle VPN servers.
It’s the fastest VPN around, so you never have to decide between privacy and security when using its servers. In the same breath, you can use it to watch online content on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and other sites in great quality and without any stuttering.
And, when it comes to security, NordVPN brings out the big guns. It includes privacy features like split tunneling, a kill switch, and obfuscated servers. There are also some interesting settings like Onion Over VPN and Double VPN. You can even opt for a dedicated IP address that only you will be able to use.
Despite offering a long list of many key features, NordVPN offers a very well-designed user interface. Everything is nicely and intuitively presented in user-friendly apps. The combined quality of user experience, overall service, and reputation so far place NordVPN on top as the best Seattle VPN.
|Vast server network||Only 6 simultaneous connections|
|Unblocks all the major streaming sites||No free trial|
|Fully supports Torrenting and P2P|
|Strict no-logs policy and RAM-disk servers|
|Ad blocker and malware protection features|
|Lag-free gaming with a Seattle IP address|
|24/7 live chat support|
|Risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee|
Surfshark offers more than 3,200 servers worldwide. This encompasses over two dozen cities in the US alone, including Seattle. What’s more, all of these servers are completely RAM-based and support the WireGuard protocol. Each server supports Camouflage Mode, which masks the fact that you’re using a VPN.
Surfshark is also filled with tons of other features that enable private and secure online activities. It possesses industry-leading military-grade encryption, as well as a kill switch feature.
Another thing that helps Surfshark stand out from the rest of the VPNs on my list is the fact that this service allows you to connect an unlimited number of devices per subscription plan. And considering that its long-term plans run for around a couple of bucks per month, it’s the best budget VPN for those who want a Seattle IP address.
|A very affordable VPN provider||No free version|
|Unlimited simultaneous connections||Does not allow P2P seeding|
|Offers Seattle VPN server options|
|Unblocks streaming platforms|
|Supports the WireGuard protocol|
|No-log policy and robust security features|
|30-day money-back guarantee|
Atlas VPN is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a complete and well-rounded VPN provider. This VPN offers over 750 servers around the world. In the context of this page, you can count on a great selection of US-based servers. Unfortunately, you won’t find any Seattle VPN server options.
Looking at some of its key characteristics, AtlasVPN offers unlimited bandwidth and traffic and supports the excellent WireGuard protocol. From a security standpoint, it’s good to know that this VPN’s apps come with an automatic kill switch, DNS and IP leak protection, and strong 256-bit AES encryption.
Another crucial thing you should know about AtlasVPN is that the service has a strict no-logs policy. It also comes with some impressive custom features, most notably SafeSwap. This setting allows you to access the Internet from several IP addresses simultaneously.
|Very affordable plans and it has a free version||Lacks Seattle VPN servers|
|Fast Speeds||Based in the US|
|Helpful against an ISP throttling your connection|
|Unlimited device support|
|Unblocks streaming services|
|30-day money-back guarantee|
PrivateVPN certainly isn’t the most feature-rich or advanced VPN on this list. But, with a fantastic uptime of 99.98%, it’s undoubtedly one of the most reliable ones. Moreover, it’s also one of the few services in the industry that offers VPN servers based in Seattle. This enables you to easily connect to a Seattle IP address for both local and global content.
Overall, the company has over 200 server locations in 63 countries worldwide. This simple and streamlined VPN is also one of the fastest ones around, offering above-average connection speeds with very low latency.
You can easily connect multiple devices, as PrivateVPN supports up to 10 connections per subscription. With all of this in mind, I’d say that PrivateVPN is the best VPN for Seattle for beginner users looking for an easy-to-use yet capable service.
|Offers Seattle VPN servers||Not as many servers as other VPN providers|
|Unlimited bandwidth and great speeds||No split-tunneling|
|Unblocks most streaming platforms|
|Free Static IP servers|
|10 simultaneous connections|
|30-day money-back guarantee|
ExpressVPN maintains a reputation for being a high-quality VPN provider with lightning-fast speeds. This is in part due to its strong server network but also thanks to its in-house innovative Lightway protocol. This protocol is light, fast, and adept at going around geo-blocks. Of course, it’s also available across all US server locations, including Seattle.
This provider offers best-in-class encryption and employs TrustedServer technology. Moreover, it offers convenient features like split tunneling, as well as security mechanisms like a kill switch and private DNS on every server.
ExpressVPN is a bit expensive compared to other services on my list. That said, if you’re an advanced and tech-savvy user like me and need a robust VPN, ExpressVPN can meet all of your demands. Plus, you can use the 30-day money-back guarantee to try the service free of charge.
|Works with streaming||Expensive subscription plans|
|Supports torrenting||Only 5 connections|
|Secure VPN with a no-logs policy|
|TrustedServer technology with RAM-only servers|
|Premium security features|
|Risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee|
How to Choose a VPN for Seattle
If you prefer doing your own research or want to learn more about the method behind my ranking factors of the five VPNs above, I should also go a bit deeper into the criteria of choosing a VPN for Seattle. That said, here are the most important things to focus on when picking a Seattle VPN:
- Available Servers – The first and arguably most important thing you should be sure of when looking for a Seattle VPN is that it actually offers servers in this city. Many VPNs don’t do so, making them instantly ineligible. Moreover, the VPN should also provide a well-balanced server network on a global level.
- Network Speed – In terms of the user experience, network speed is one of the key factors to consider. Presumably, you want your Seattle VPN to be fast and stable enough to support smooth streaming and downloads without any network drops or bandwidth limitations.
- Security and Privacy Tools – One of the primary functions of a VPN is to keep you private and safe online. So, the right VPN for Seattle needs to have strong 256-bit encryption, leak protection, and, ideally, a kill switch.
- App Support – A top VPN for Seattle should offer app support across all major desktop and mobile software platforms. This will give you enough flexibility to set it up on any device you want to equip with a VPN.
- Transparency – Lastly, when using a VPN in Seattle and a VPN for the USA, in general, you need to be sure it is entirely transparent about the data it collects. Ideally, the VPN of your choice shouldn’t collect any user data. Ideally, it should be based in a country that isn’t a part of any international surveillance alliance.
How To Set Up a VPN for Seattle
Although deciding on a specific VPN service might be challenging if you don’t know where to look, setting up a Seattle VPN is a piece of cake. This is especially true if you follow the quick step-by-step guide I’ve prepared for you.
With that in mind, here’s how to set up a VPN for Seattle:
- Download and install the VPN of your choice (I recommend NordVPN).
- Clear all cookies from your browser to remove location identifiers.
- Log into the VPN app.
- Connect to a Seattle VPN server.
- Enjoy browsing in maximum privacy and freedom!
Seattle VPN FAQs
Do I need a VPN in Seattle?
More and more people in the US are using VPN services, and there are many reasons why you need a VPN if you live in Seattle or any other US city, for that matter. More specifically, a Seattle VPN can protect you against hackers and anyone trying to snoop on your information, which is crucial in this day and age.
Are VPNs legal in Seattle?
Yes, it’s perfectly legal to use a VPN service in Seattle. The primary purposes of a VPN are to protect your online privacy, help you get access to censored sites, and safeguard your valuable data. So, if you don’t use a VPN for illegal purposes, you won’t have any problems using a VPN in Seattle or any other US city.
Are there any free VPN server options available for Seattle users?
No, I recommend you avoid using a free VPN for Seattle. Free VPNs are often very basic and lack many features you need when using a VPN in the US. Moreover, they often limit your network speed and total bandwidth and come with much fewer servers. On top of that, many of the free VPNs are simply unsafe to use.
So, even if you’re looking for a one-time service or don’t want to pay a subscription fee, I advise you to get a premium VPN service and then exercise the money-back guarantee option if necessary. Free VPNs come with too many limitations and potential security loopholes that make them a poor choice.
The best way to go about it is to purchase a premium subscription. Most top services offer a risk-free money-back guarantee. That way, you won’t be risking your privacy online in an effort to save a few bucks when using the Seattle VPN.
How can I check if I’m connected to a Seattle IP address?
The fastest way to check whether or not you’re connected to a Seattle IP address is to open an incognito tab in your browser. Next, type in “What’s my IP” in the search bar. If the results show that you’re located in Seattle, you’re successfully connected to the VPN server.
This also applies if you are physically in Seattle and connected to a Seattle VPN server. Only in this case, you’ll have to look more carefully and know your exact IP address to ensure you’re not still connected to it.
Can you use VPN servers in other states in the US?
Yes, besides using a Seattle IP address, you can connect to VPN servers in states like California, Texas, or even Virginia. You can get an IP address in any of the supported VPN server locations you can find in your app.
Whether you’re in Seattle or in a different location and need a Seattle IP address, the information I’ve covered in this Seattle VPN service guide provides you with everything you should know. You can rest assured that I’ve only shared and recommended the five best VPN for Seattle options that I’ve backed up with thorough research.
Ultimately, if you can’t decide between the five VPNs I’ve discussed on this page, I recommend NordVPN as the best VPN for Seattle. It’s a premium VPN that offers a fantastic set of features and has very budget-friendly subscription rates. Of course, if this page has left you with any questions, feel free to leave me a comment below!