The 5 Best VPNs for Phoenix (Fast, Secure, and Easy to Use)
A Phoenix VPN is a great way to protect your data, bypass geo-blocks, and stop ISPs from spying on you — whether you live in Phoenix or outside it.
That said, just because a VPN has servers in Phoenix doesn’t mean it’s a good service. In fact, many VPNs don’t work with top streaming sites, are slow, and are not good for torrenting. So we put this list together to help you find the best VPN for Phoenix.
There are tons of VPNs on the market that have servers in Phoenix, but not all of them provide a good user experience.
The 5 Best VPNs for Phoenix
There are tons of VPNs on the market that have servers in Phoenix, but not all of them provide a good user experience. We tested 20+ top VPN providers, and managed to find the best 5 Phoenix VPNs:
NordVPN is the best VPN for Phoenix on the market. It has 60+ servers in Phoenix, so you’ll never have to worry about overcrowded servers slowing down your speeds. Speaking of speeds, this VPN is also very fast. In our tests, Phoenix sites loaded instantly, HD and 4K videos loaded instantly, and we downloaded 30 GB files in just 15 minutes.
This VPN also provides excellent streaming and torrenting support. We were always able to access US titles on sites like Netflix and Amazon Prime. And NordVPN allows torrenting on all of its Phoenix servers — as well as on all of its 1,900+ US servers.
With this VPN, you also get excellent security and privacy features. Its no-logs policy has passed 2 independent audits so far. And NordVPN has RAM-only servers, meaning every server reset wipes all data. Plus, a part of its server network is colocated, which means the VPN provider ships its own hardware to the data centers it works with. That means only NordVPN’s staff has access to its servers.
And that’s not all — with this VPN, you also get:
- Obfuscation — hides your VPN traffic, allowing you to bypass VPN blocks.
- CyberSec — a really good ad blocker. In our tests, it got rid of most ads on Phoenix sites and also blocked our connections to shady websites.
- Double VPN — sends your traffic through 2 VPN connections. That means your data is protected by 2 layers of encryption.
We also really like that this VPN has user-friendly apps for all platforms and provides 24/7 live chat. NordVPN’s plans are also very affordable and there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Thousands of lightning-fast servers
- Unblocks streaming services
- Fully supports Torrenting and P2P
- Strict no-logs policy and RAM-disk servers
- Ad blocker and malware protection features
- Robust security features and military-grade encryption
- 24/7 live chat support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Only 6 simultaneous connections
- No free trial
Surfshark allows unlimited connections, so it’s a great pick if everyone in your house wants to get a Phoenix IP address. We asked everyone on our team to connect to Surfshark’s Phoenix server location and everyone reported really fast speeds. We were able to download 40 GB files in 20 minutes, game online with no lag, and our VoIP calls never dropped.
On top of that, this VPN provider also has excellent security because it has RAM-only servers. It also comes with other cool features like CleanWeb — a really good ad blocker — and obfuscation. And you can also get 2 paid add-on services to enjoy even more security:
- Surfshark Alert — instantly alerts you if your email address has been leaked and also checks how strong your passwords are.
- Surfshark Antivirus — protects your devices from malware infections. We ran multiple tests and this tool was able to detect all types of malware with 100% accuracy.
This provider is also excellent for streaming and torrenting. And it comes with user-friendly apps that run on all popular platforms. It also has 24/7 live chat — we used it 20+ times, and the support reps were always friendly, responsive, and helpful.
Surfshark provides very affordable pricing and flexible plan lengths. And it makes each purchase risk-free with a no-questions-asked 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Very affordable
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Ad-blocking feature
- Unblocks streaming platforms
- Allows split-tunneling and has multi-hop VPN feature
- No-log policy and strong security features
- GPS spoofing on Android devices
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No free version
- Does not allow P2P seeding
AtlasVPN is a great choice if you want a basic VPN that’s affordable and has a decent free plan. While its free plan is missing P2P and streaming support and limits you to 10 GB per month, it’s a great way to test this VPN to make sure it’s right for you.
We also love that this VPN service comes with unlimited connections, meaning you can use it on as many devices as you want. You can even share the subscription and its costs with your friends and family to save money.
And even though this provider doesn’t include tons of advanced security features, it gets the basics right. It’s very secure and it also includes some nice extras. For example, you get Tracker Blocker — it can’t block ads, but it can protect you from ad trackers that put your privacy at risk. Also, there’s Data Breach Monitor, which lets you quickly check if your email address has been breached.
And when we tested AtlasVPN’s streaming and torrenting capabilities, we were really happy with the results. This VPN gave us access to all the popular US sites and also allowed us to download torrents really fast on its Phoenix server. It’s also great that the Phoenix server is optimized for streaming. That means it refreshes its IPs faster, so it’s less likely to be blocked by streaming sites.
This VPN also comes with apps that have a very straightforward design. You know where everything is and what all features do right from the start.
While AtlasVPN doesn’t offer 24/7 live chat, it provides email support that is very responsive and helpful. And its paid plans are super cheap and all your purchases are backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Very affordable plans and it has a free version
- Fast Speeds
- Unlimited device support
- WireGuard protocol and strong security features
- Unblocks streaming services
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No Linux app
- Based in the US
- Not so many servers
We think PrivateVPN is a great VPN for Phoenix if you’re new to VPN services. Its apps are extremely easy to use — on average, it only took us 1–2 minutes to install the apps, and just 3–4 seconds to find and connect to the Phoenix VPN servers. We also love how the apps come with helpful explanations for all settings and features.
PrivateVPN also provides some of the fastest speeds out there. In our speed tests, Phoenix and Arizona sites loaded instantly and 4K videos took just 4 seconds to load and didn’t buffer when we skipped through them. What’s more, we were able to game on distant gaming servers without experiencing high ping and stuttering.
We really like that this VPN provider comes with obfuscation — this feature helps you keep your VPN usage a secret. There’s also an app-based kill switch in addition to the system-level kill switch. Basically, you can tell PrivateVPN which apps to terminate in case the VPN connection drops.
And we are also big fans of this provider’s streaming and torrenting support. Its Phoenix servers allowed us to watch US titles on sites like Netflix and Disney+. And we were able to download torrents without any issues using popular P2P apps like qBittorrent and Vuze.
PrivateVPN comes with good 24/7 live chat and has some of the most affordable plans on the market. It also backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Supports P2P traffic and allows port forwarding
- Unlimited bandwidth and great speeds
- Unblocks most streaming platforms
- Zero-logging policy
- Free Static IP servers
- 10 simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Not as many servers as other VPN providers
- No split-tunneling
ExpressVPN is really good for streaming and has very intuitive apps. In our tests, this VPN service gave us access to popular US sites and we never saw a proxy error message. Plus, this provider claims to be able to unblock 65+ streaming apps from around the world, so you get tons of variety.
And we also really like ExpressVPN’s apps — they’re available on all platforms, even routers, and they’re very easy to navigate. There’s even a feature that lets you create 1-click shortcuts for your favorite apps and sites. Once you connect to a VPN server, the shortcuts show up on your screen. We used this feature to get instant access to Netflix US after we connected to the Phoenix server location.
ExpressVPN also provides excellent security features. It has RAM-only servers and perfect forward secrecy, which changes your encryption key for each VPN connection. And it also includes full leak protection — we tested it by running leak tests, and the results always displayed a Phoenix IP address, not our real IP.
This VPN provider also comes with blazing-fast speeds and torrenting support on all servers. 24/7 live chat is available and there are also tons of helpful support guides — including video guides!
While ExpressVPN is a bit pricey, it’s still affordable — plus, it provides excellent value. And it also comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Works with streaming
- Supports torrenting
- No-logs policy
- TrustedServer technology with RAM-only servers
- Premium security features
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Expensive subscription plans
- Only 5 simultaneous connections
Why Use a Phoenix VPN?
According to our research, here’s why many people are interested in using a VPN for Phoenix:
- Security & privacy — VPNs encrypt your traffic, making it completely unreadable. So people use VPNs to stop hackers, ISPs, and the government from spying on their data.
- Bandwidth throttling — VPNs stop ISPs from seeing what you’re doing online. Without that information, they can’t selectively slow down your speeds.
- Sports blackouts — people in Phoenix and Arizona often use VPNs to bypass sports blackouts to watch their favorite teams play.
- Geo-blocks — if you travel abroad, you can use a VPN for Phoenix to watch your favorite US-only shows and movies.
- University firewalls — students in Arizona often rely on VPNs to access sites that are blocked by firewalls.
- P2P traffic — many people in Phoenix, Arizona, and the US rely on VPNs to hide their torrenting so that they don’t get in trouble with their ISPs. VPNs also hide your IP address in the torrent swarm, so lawyers and copyright trolls can’t target you.
Also, a VPN is the easiest way to get a Phoenix IP address. You only need to sign up for a VPN, download and install its app, and connect to a Phoenix VPN server.
How to Pick the Best VPN for Phoenix
Here is a list of the metrics we used to rank the best VPNs for Phoenix:
- Phoenix VPN servers — you can’t get a Phoenix IP address if the VPN doesn’t have servers in that location. All the VPNs on our list come with servers in Phoenix.
- Strong security — all our top picks have industry-standard security features. So you get kill switches, no-logs policies, leak protection, and bank-grade encryption.
- Fast speeds — using a VPN might slow down your speeds due to the encryption process. But top VPNs minimize the speed loss until it’s not noticeable. All the VPNs we recommend have fast speeds for torrenting, browsing, streaming, and more.
- Large server network — if a VPN has tons of servers, it helps prevent overcrowding, which can lower speeds. We also looked for VPNs that have servers in multiple countries, so that you can unblock sites from other regions.
- Ease of use — you shouldn’t need a complicated tutorial to learn how to use a VPN. So we only recommend services that have intuitive apps that are simple to install and use. On average, it didn’t take us more than 5 seconds to find and connect to a Phoenix server with each VPN.
- Streaming & torrenting support — the VPNs we recommend have Phoenix servers that work with popular US sites. They also allow P2P traffic and work with top torrenting apps like uTorrent and Deluge.
- Extra features — our top picks include extras like split-tunneling, ad blockers, and obfuscation.
- Good value — the VPNs on this list have affordable subscriptions with flexible plans and generous refunds.
What Are the Best Free VPNs for Phoenix?
We normally don’t recommend using free VPNs because they’re not worth it. Many of them aren’t safe to use — they log and sell your data and expose you to malware. And some free VPNs have poorly-designed apps, slow speeds, and annoying data caps. Plus, free VPNs usually don’t work with streaming sites.
But if you insist on trying out a free VPN, here are some good paid VPNs that have decent free plans:
- AtlasVPN — the free plan comes with fast speeds, good security, and unlimited connections. But you don’t get Phoenix VPN servers, just LA and New York servers. Also, there’s no streaming and torrenting support and you’re limited to 10 GB per month.
- ProtonVPN — this is one of the only free plans that includes unlimited data. But you don’t get Phoenix servers and streaming and P2P support.
- Windscribe — the free plan includes servers in Phoenix and comes with good streaming support. However, it limits you to 2 GB per month, but you can get 10 GB if you verify your email on signup.
Ultimately, we still recommend getting a paid VPN — like NordVPN or one of AtlasVPN’s paid plans.
Phoenix VPN FAQs
Here are the most common questions we saw people asking about using Phoenix VPN services. If you have more questions, just leave them in the comments and we’ll try to reply to them as soon as possible.
Is It Legal to Use a VPN in Phoenix?
Yes, it’s perfectly legal to use a Phoenix VPN, an Arizona VPN, or a VPN for USA. It only becomes illegal if you use the VPN to engage in criminal activities.
How to Get a Phoenix IP Address
Here’s how to easily get a Phoenix IP address in just 5 steps:
- Sign up for a good VPN with Phoenix servers — we recommend NordVPN.
- Download the VPN provider’s app.
- Install the app on your device — just follow the installation wizard.
- Open the app and connect to Phoenix VPN server.
- Surf the web with a Phoenix IP address!
Do You Actually Need a VPN in Phoenix?
Yes, there are a lot of good reasons to use a Phoenix VPN:
- Unblock US shows and movies abroad.
- Bypass annoying sports blackouts.
- Stop your ISP from throttling your bandwidth.
- Keep your data safe on public WiFi.
- Hide your P2P traffic.
Should You Use a Free Phoenix VPN?
There are free VPNs that have servers in Phoenix or other cities in Arizona, but we don’t recommend using them. Free VPNs usually:
- Are slow.
- Have bandwidth caps.
- Don’t unblock streaming sites.
- Log and sell your data.
- Don’t have customer support.
- Have glitchy apps.
If you really need to use a free VPN, try AtlasVPN. Its free plan doesn’t have Phoenix VPN servers, but it still comes with US servers. You also get fast speeds, strong security features, and unlimited connections, but no streaming and P2P support. So we recommend using the free plan to try out AtlasVPN, and then upgrading to one of its paid plans if you’re happy with the VPN.
Do You Need a VPN for Phoenix as a Student?
If you’re a student in Arizona or Phoenix, it pays off to sometimes use a VPN. Here’s why:
- It lets you surf sites that are blocked by network firewalls.
- It stops network admins from spying on your browsing traffic.
- And it hides your P2P traffic on campus networks.
Can you use a VPN in other cities in the US?
Whether you live in Phoenix, Arizona, the US, or abroad, using a Phoenix VPN is a good idea. You can do tons of things like unblock US titles, stop bandwidth throttling, and secure your data. We think the VPNs we mentioned on our list are excellent picks, but we’d also love to hear which VPN services you like the most and why.