5 Best VPNs for Poland in 2023: Get a Polish IP Address
Getting the right VPN in Poland is essential for a few different reasons. For one, VPNs encrypt your traffic so your ISP and other eavesdroppers can’t tell what you’re up to online. Moreover, VPNs let you get a Polish IP address to access local content in Poland.
Of course, you’re free to connect to any other server in the world. That way you can experience the Internet as if you were physically located in that region. For example, Polish users may connect to a server in the United States to watch US Netflix shows.
That said, not every VPN provider is great for use in Poland. In fact, many of them offer poor performance and security, with buggy or ad-ridden apps.
Comparing the Best VPNs for Poland
Here’s a helpful table of essential Poland VPN features for easy comparison. We provide a more in-depth look at each provider later on.
|Free plan||No||No||Yes||7-day trial||No|
|24/7 live chat||Yes||Yes||Premium only||Yes||Yes|
Top 5 VPNs for Poland
With so many options to choose from, it can be difficult to settle on a single VPN for Poland. We’ve tested dozens of popular providers and narrowed it down to the 5 best Poland VPNs.
Panama-based NordVPN provides over 5,500+ high-performance servers in 59 countries worldwide. Out of those, 70+ servers are located in Poland, ready to unblock all your favorite Polish TV and other content. We were able to bypass geo-blocks successfully and instantly load HD video on sites like TVP.pl, TVN.pl, and others.
As one of the best VPN apps for streaming out there, NordVPN easily unblocks the Polish version of Netflix. Naturally, the service works with Netflix’s international libraries as well. Not to mention you can unblock plenty of other popular streaming sites. You also get dedicated P2P servers in Poland, with full support for fast and safe torrenting.
Security-wise, NordVPN comes with RAM-disk servers, which wipe any data-in-transit upon reset. Their no-logs policy has also passed two separate independent audits. As such, you don’t need to worry about NordVPN storing your data anywhere. To further boost your privacy, the provider is currently working to bring you more colocated servers. In other words, servers fully owned by NordVPN, with no third party data centers involved.
Need more advanced security options? Here’s what you get:
- Obfuscated servers – mask your VPN activity and get around VPN blocks.
- Double VPN – add an extra layer of encryption and route your data through a second server for enhanced anonymity.
- Threat Protection – block ads and intrusive trackers, and filter malicious domains. It even scans your files for malware on Windows and macOS.
NordVPN works on all major platforms and their apps are snappy and easy to use. Their plans are backed by a generous 30-day money-back guarantee, so try out this VPN at your leisure.
- Thousands of lightning-fast servers
- Unblocks streaming services
- Fully supports Torrenting and P2P
- Strict no-logs policy and RAM-disk servers
- Ad blocker and malware protection features
- Robust security features and military-grade encryption
- 24/7 live chat support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Only 6 simultaneous connections
- No free trial
Live in a large household or like to share your VPN account with friends? Then Surfshark is an excellent option, as it lets you link unlimited devices to a single subscription. Plus their plans are quite affordable, especially considering the fast speeds and extra features.on offer.
The provider has Poland VPN servers in Gdansk and Warsaw. In our tests, we were able to unblock popular Polish streaming services, as well as Polish Netflix. Speeds were fairly decent all-around, both with HD and 4K video. And despite the lack of port forwarding, the VPN is excellent for torrenting – offering fast download and seeding speeds.
How does the provider score privacy-wise? Well, all of Surfshark’s servers are RAM-only, and they have a strict no-logs policy in place. Furthermore, their apps come with a few useful security features, such as:
- CleanWeb – ad-blocker and malicious domain filter
- Camouflage Mode – automatic obfuscation while using the OpenVPN protocol
- GPS spoofing on Android – trick location-based apps on your smartphone
Optionally, you can add two more services for increased security. Surfshark Antivirus, as the name implies, keeps you safe against viruses / malware. Meanwhile, Surfshark Alert informs you when your email or payment details pop up in any online data breaches. It also tells you how strong your passwords are and secures your personal ID number. To top everything off, Alert users can opt for quarterly or yearly security reports.
Live chat support reps are friendly, knowledgeable, and ready to answer your questions 24/7. Finally, the provider comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. No harm in trying them out.
- Very affordable
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Ad-blocking feature
- Unblocks streaming platforms
- Allows split-tunneling and has multi-hop VPN feature
- No-log policy and strong security features
- GPS spoofing on Android devices
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No free version
- Does not allow P2P seeding
AtlasVPN is an excellent option for those that want to try out a VPN in Poland for free – and without any of the risks. Yes, AtlasVPN has a strict no-logs policy in place, funding operations through their affordable premium plans. We recommend subscribing to remove the 5 GB monthly data cap, and gain full torrenting support and access to streaming servers.
Speaking of which, all of AtlasVPN’s servers are P2P-friendly. They also have specialized VPN servers for streaming in various locations. Thankfully, Poland is a part of that list. We’ve tested it out and could watch content on Polish Netflix, TVP VOD, TVN, and others with ease. Speeds were consistent and we had no buffering issues.
Much like Surfshark, AtlasVPN’s premium plans don’t limit how many devices you can connect. And thanks to their WireGuard support, you’ll see fast speeds without sacrificing security. Speaking of which, this VPN can block intrusive ad trackers with Tracker Blocker. You can also opt in for AtlasVPN’s Data Breach Monitor and see if your email has been compromised.
One interesting privacy feature is AtlasVPN’s SafeSwap option. This lets you browse the web while swapping your IP address with every new request. And if you don’t mind the slower speeds, you can always try out MultiHop+, which chains two VPN servers together. Double VPN, basically – recommended for privacy buffs.
Premium subscribers gain access to friendly 24/7 customer support via email and live chat. And as with any quality VPN for Poland, you can try out the service for 30 days risk-free.
- Very affordable plans and it has a free version
- Fast Speeds
- Unlimited device support
- WireGuard protocol and strong security features
- Unblocks streaming services
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Limited Linux app
- Based in the US
- Not so many servers
PrivateVPN is an amazingly affordable VPN with servers in Poland. Their apps are completely beginner-friendly and provide explanations for any feature you use. If you’re new to VPNs, we recommend checking them out.
The VPN client includes a helpful app-based kill switch called Application Guard. In the event of a disconnect, Application Guard shuts off your chosen apps so their data doesn’t leak to your ISP. Great to keep any torrenting activity under wraps, or hide your browsing activity at all times. Best of all, the VPN comes with obfuscation to mask your VPN traffic. Unfortunately, the kill switch is only available on Windows, Mac, and Android – so keep that in mind.
Speaking of torrenting, PrivateVPN’s 200+ servers are fully P2P-friendly. And despite its rather modest server count, the provider still has fast speeds overall. They have one VPN location in Poland (Torun) as well if you need a server close by for the best performance. The VPN also supports port forwarding and doesn’t log your activity – once again, practical for torrenting.
Surprisingly, PrivateVPN works pretty well when it comes to streaming content. Not only can it unblock Polish Netflix, TVP VOD and TVN, but it also works with Amazon Prime Video and Disney+. Once again, speeds were consistent and we didn’t experience any buffering.
Live chat is available 24/7 and the provider offers a robust 30-day money-back guarantee if you change your mind about their service.
- Supports P2P traffic and allows port forwarding
- Unlimited bandwidth and great speeds
- Unblocks most streaming platforms
- Zero-logging policy
- Free Static IP servers
- 10 simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Not as many servers as other VPN providers
- No split-tunneling
ExpressVPN offers 3,000+ high-speed servers in 90+ countries, including Poland. You get one location in Poland, but with multiple rotating IPs to boost privacy. On a related note, the provider’s infrastructure uses RAM-disk servers (as part of its TrustedServer technology). Any data is fully wiped upon reset to protect against government seizures and similar threats.
Speaking of which, ExpressVPN comes equipped with the advanced Threat Manager setting. When active, the VPN blocks intrusive tracking at the DNS level. The provider’s no logs policy has also undergone an independent audit, and passed it successfully. Not only that, but the service has perfect forward secrecy, meaning it changes encryption keys for each connection.
Otherwise, the provider offers amazing support for streaming. Their service can unblock most major streaming sites out there, so you have plenty of options. We were able to access Polish Netflix with no issues, and got buffer-free streaming on sites like TVN.pl, TVP.pl, and TVP VOD. There was no lag even when skipping through videos, so their speed claims are legit.
ExpressVPN has pleasant and easy to use apps on all major platforms, including routers. The desktop versions also come with a built-in speed test tool. You can use it to find the fastest available server for your location, and the app will list them in order according to ping (in ms).
The only real disadvantages are the modest device limit (5 total), and their prices, which are higher than the average. Still, you get great overall value for the price. 24/7 live chat support has been helpful every time, and there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee in place if you want to explore different options.
- Works with streaming
- Supports torrenting
- No-logs policy
- TrustedServer technology with RAM-only servers
- Premium security features
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Expensive subscription plans
- Only 5 simultaneous connections
Why Use a VPN for Poland?
VPNs are highly flexible apps. Here are the main reasons you should use a VPN in Poland:
- Keep your data private – hide your IP address, as well as your browsing and other web activity from eavesdroppers.
- Stay safe against hackers – prevent cyber attackers from harvesting your account info on unsecured public Wi-Fi.
- Avoid bandwidth throttling – stop your ISP from slowing down your Internet speeds on different services.
- Unblock content from abroad – watch Polish TV as an expat, or explore content libraries from all over the world.
- Get around firewalls – university and work Wi-Fi blocking your fun? Bypass pesky firewalls and enjoy your favorite websites on your breaks.
- Fast and safe torrenting – conceal your IP in the swarm and hide your P2P activity from your ISP.
Moreover, a VPN is a quick and easy way to get a Polish IP address. Just sign up for a VPN, download and install their app, and select one of their Poland VPN servers.
How to Get a Polish IP Address
Don’t waste hours trying to find a working free proxy for Poland.
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN with servers in Poland
- Download and install their VPN client on all your compatible devices.
- Launch the app and choose a server located in Poland.
- That’s it! Feel free to explore Polish-exclusive content at your leisure.
How to Choose a VPN for Poland
Want to do your own research? Here’s what features we looked for when choosing the best VPNs for Poland:
- Fast Poland VPN servers – you’ll want high-performance servers for secure browsing or accessing Polish content from abroad.
- User-friendly interface – nobody wants to mess around with complex menus for simple tasks like connecting to a server.
- Good server coverage – the more countries covered, the more content you can access. Plus you get VPN servers close-by for fast, secure browsing outside Poland.
- Unblocking capabilities – the VPN should let you watch popular Polish TV and Netflix, as well as bypass geo-blocks on services from abroad.
- Support for torrenting – bonus points if the provider has torrent-optimized VPN servers.
- Feature-rich apps – features like split tunneling, ad-blocking, or filtering malicious websites add a lot of value to a VPN.
The Best Free Poland VPNs
Getting a VPN in Poland for free might seem tempting, but we advise against it for a few specific reasons.
Unfortunately, there aren’t really any providers that offer Polish VPN servers for free, which kind of defeats the purpose. Moreover, free providers usually throttle your speeds, impose data caps, and have slow, crowded servers. Worst of all, many free VPNs log and sell your data to cover operational costs.
But if you really want to get your hands on the best free VPN for Poland, you can always try out these three providers.
AtlasVPN lets you link any number of devices to your account, and their apps feature great security and fast speeds. Keep in mind that you’ll be limited to 5 GB per month, and won’t benefit from streaming or torrenting support. There are also no servers in Poland on the free plan, but you get two US locations and one in the Netherlands.
ProtonVPN has no data caps and no duration limits – but again, no Polish servers. Still, if you’re just looking for a safe free VPN to secure your data in Poland, ProtonVPN is a decent choice. Three different locations (US, Japan, the Netherlands), but with slower speeds than on their premium plans. No torrenting or streaming support on the free version, unfortunately.
Alternatively, ZenMate lets you use their 4,800+ premium servers for free for 7 days. These are spread across 81 different countries, including some in Poland. You can connect unlimited devices, and there are no speed or data caps. Plus you get torrenting support and streaming-optimized servers. And all you need to do is verify your email.
All in all, we still recommend an affordable premium plan from NordVPN to get the full Poland VPN experience.
VPN for Poland FAQs
Have questions about using a VPN in Poland? We provide quick answers below.
Are VPNs Legal in Poland?
Yes, VPNs are completely legal in Poland. As long as you stick to legal activities, you have nothing to worry about.
Do I Need a VPN in Poland?
To recap, here’s why people use VPNs in Poland:
- Secure your data against hackers and other eavesdropping activity.
- Unblock streaming services from abroad, or Polish content while traveling.
- Prevent Internet providers from throttling your traffic.
- Evade firewalls at school, work, and other public Wi-Fi locations.
- Hide your IP in the swarm, for private and safe torrenting.
Can I Get a Polish IP Address?
Yes – this is how you can get a Polish IP:
- Sign up for an account with a trusty VPN for Poland – we recommend NordVPN.
- Install the VPN on all your gadgets.
- Select a VPN server located in Poland.
- You can now safely browse the web with a Polish IP.
We recommend staying away from any so-called free proxy in Poland. While they may change your IP, they also log the sites you visit. Plus they don’t work reliably, or are severely limited in terms of what you can access.
Does NordVPN Have Poland Servers?
Yes, NordVPN has over 70 VPN servers in Poland, with some of them being P2P-friendly. Explore Polish streaming content or connect to a local server for fast and safe torrenting.
What Polish Content Can I Unblock with a VPN?
Wondering how to watch Polish Netflix in the US or elsewhere? A VPN with servers in Poland will help you unblock its Netflix library, as well as various Polish TV services.
Stream your favorite series from back home on sites like TVP VOD, Player.pl, PolsatBoxGo, WP Pilot, and more. You can even access services like TVN or Telewizja Polska with a VPN.
How to Watch US Netflix in Poland or Vice Versa?
A premium VPN like NordVPN lets you access the US Netflix library from any country, including Poland. The reverse also applies, since the provider has speedy servers in Poland.
All you need to do is sign up for an account, download their app, and connect to a US or Polish VPN server. Stream most (if not all) major Netflix libraries from anywhere in the world!
Are There Polish VPN Providers?
While they do exist, we couldn’t find any Polish VPN providers worth mentioning. There are much better services out there, including NordVPN that has 70+ fast VPN servers in Poland.