Chicago is one of the best-known and most popular cities in the US. Whether you live in the Windy City or looking for a way to get a Chicago IP address from outside you need a good VPN for Chicago.
You not only need a VPN with Chicago Servers, but also it has to be secure, keep no logs and have the best speeds.
Short on time?
Here are the best VPNs for Chicago:
How to Choose the Best Chicago VPN?
Whether you want to VPN to Chicago or outside of it, you need to find the best service that fits your needs. Here are some features to look for when choosing one:
- Chicago VPN servers: You should always pick a VPN that offers a large server network including several Chicago servers. The more servers there are the better chance of having fast connections and less overcrowded servers.
- High speeds: As you may know, VPNs slow down internet speed due to the fact that they use encryption to protect your online traffic and make it unreadable to anyone who might conduct surveillance. As a result, you need a VPN that is fast, so that your internet speed would not suffer too much.
- Stability: VPNs also have the ability to stabilize your internet access, but in order for them to do so, you need a VPN that is stable in its own right. That means choosing a network with good uptime, and with a capable app that will not malfunction all the time.
- Number of supported devices: These days, everyone has numerous devices that can connect to the internet. There is your laptop/desktop, which can use Windows, Mac, or Linux, there are Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, not to mention smart TVs, gaming consoles, and more.
- No logs policy: The best VPNs are easy to recognize by their no-logs policy. This means that they will not record your data, and as such, they cannot sell it or surrender it to anyone who might ask for it.
- Security: The best VPN for Chicago is definitely the one that has strong security features, such as strong security protocols, unbreakable encryption, large server networks, a kill switch, DNS leak protection, and more.
Best VPN for Chicago
NordVPN has a great server base of over 5200 servers in 60 countries worldwide. More importantly, in this context, it has an excellent server coverage of major US cities, including Chicago. Better yet, the service offers some of the best speeds in the industry and guarantees consistent network performance.
It can unblock all major US online platforms and streaming sites. With that in mind, you won’t have any problems accessing your favorite websites when connected to NordVPN’s Chicago servers.
Apart from its strong performance characteristics, NordVPN is known for its focus on user privacy and protection. Some of the most notable features include WebRTC, IPv6 and DNS leak protection, and a kill switch. NordVPN also strictly follows a no-logs policy and only runs RAM-based servers. Plus, it’s based in privacy-friendly Panama, which isn’t a part of any surveillance alliance and has no data retention laws.
NordVPN isn’t only the best-quality VPN for Chicago but also one of the most affordable services. What’s more, if you’re unsure if this VPN is the right choice for you, you can rely on a 30-day money-back guarantee to try out NordVPN completely risk-free.
PrivateVPN supports servers in a dozen US cities from East Coast to West Coast, including Chicago. With an uptime of 99.98%, it’s one of the most stable and reliable VPNs you can get. This makes it ideal if you’re looking for a Chicago VPN primarily for online gaming or streaming.
The service is very adept at unblocking all major sites, including Netflix US. Plus, if you want to switch up servers and explore other regions, this VPN works in even the most restrictive countries, such as China and Russia.
Apart from this, this VPN possesses a long list of handy and convenient security features. These include customizable encryption settings, port forwarding, kill switch, and DNS and IPv6 leak protection. Overall, PrivateVPN is an equally great choice for both beginners and experienced VPN users.
Surfshark offers over 500 US servers across 20 major cities, Chicago included. Known for being a very light and user-friendly VPN, Surfshark is also at the very top of the industry in terms of server speed. Its high-speed servers are accompanied by unlimited bandwidth. Equally as necessary, the service guarantees private DNS on each server and ensures its users that all servers are P2P friendly.
Another reason why Surfshark is so popular among users is that it allows an unlimited number of simultaneous connections per one subscription account. This means that you can access any platform from whichever and how many devices you want to. This VPN comes with all kinds of security features built-in. Some of the most useful ones include a kill switch, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and an in-house NoBorders Mode.
ExpressVPN is the perfect example of a quality and robust VPN service that doesn’t compromise on any essential feature. It’s one of the most secure services you can get and an excellent performer when it comes to unblocking virtually any website on the Internet.
The VPN has a very solid server base covering over 3,000 servers, including those in Chicago. More important than numbers alone, ExpressVPN’s Chicago servers allow you to tailor your protocol settings and switch between a handful of options. These include OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, IKEv2, and ExpressVPN’s impressive in-house Lightway protocol.
ExpressVPN offers well-designed and responsive apps for all major platforms and operating systems. It comes with some really advanced security features and a firm zero-logs policy. With all of this in mind, we should mention that ExpressVPN is one of the pricier options on the market.
Private Internet Access
With the biggest server network in the world, it comes as no surprise that Private Internet Access provides excellent coverage of the Chicago area. But, besides its well spread-out server network, PIA has one of the most in-depth VPN app clients in the industry.
Its apps, especially desktop ones, come with many advanced settings. The ones we found most interesting and valuable are DNS and IPv6 leak protection, IP masking features, port forwarding, and automatic kill switch. Despite so many features, the apps manage to remain very user-friendly and easy to use. All of this comes at a very affordable price, especially if you opt for one of PIA’s long-term deals.
- Supports WireGuard on all platforms
- Currently WG is in Beta testing phase
- No Traffic or Request logs
- Can be used with 10 devices simultaneously
- Unlimited Bandwidth and good speeds
- 3200+ Servers in 29 Countries
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Conclusion – Best VPN for Chicago
To either get a Chicago IP address or secure yourself while visiting Chicago you need a good VPN. The best VPNs for Chicago have great speeds, a Chicago specific location and excellent security.
Here are the Best VPNs for Chicago: