Does Ivacy VPN Work With Netflix in 2023? Is it Still Good?
Netflix is known for its rigorous practices of blocking most VPN services that try to access its libraries in different regions. If you’re planning on accessing US Netflix from abroad or unblocking different regions worldwide, it’s crucial to pick a VPN that can stand up to the task.
The good news is that Ivacy is one of the few VPNs that will work with Netflix in 2023. Of course, you will still find Ivacy not working sometimes, which is why I would suggest considering alternatives. With that in mind, I recommend NordVPN as the best VPN for Netflix in 2023.
Still, Ivacy is worth examining, especially for those who want a budget-friendly service, as this provider is among the most affordable in the business. So, If you want to watch with a VPN, read this detailed Ivacy review for Netflix and learn how it performs with the popular streaming service.
Does Ivacy VPN Work With Netflix?
Yes, Ivacy can bypass Netflix’s VPN blocking and go around its geo-restrictions. With this VPN, you can watch Netflix shows and movies in nearly all of the major regions. This includes the US Netflix library, Netflix UK, Germany, Japan, Australia, and several others.
Ivacy’s massive selection of IP addresses and streaming support across its entire network enable you to easily avoid VPN blocking techniques and quickly resolve any VPN access issue.
Test Your VPN Knowledge – Take A Quiz!
How to Watch Netflix with Ivacy VPN? – A Quick Guide
- Create an Ivacy account and get a subscription to an Ivacy VPN plan.
- Install the appropriate Ivacy app for your device.
- Connect to a server in the region you want to watch Netflix shows in (For instance, if you want US-exclusive titles, you should connect to a US server).
- Log in to Netflix and access the Netflix content you want to stream!
Fix Ivacy Not Working With Netflix – Troubleshooting Guide
Ivacy can unblock Netflix and bypass geo-restrictions fairly reliably most of the time. Still, it’s not a perfect VPN, and you might experience some Ivacy issues when trying to access this streaming service.
While annoying, most of these issues can be resolved with simple solutions. To help you resolve any common Ivacy Netflix problem you might come across, I’ve prepared convenient fixes and easy solutions you can try out on your own:
Buffering on Netflix When Connected to Ivacy Servers
If you find that your stream on Netflix is buffering when using Ivacy, there are a few steps you can take to address the issue. First, consider switching to a faster server. Ideally, opt for a server that is closer to your physical location, as this can help reduce latency and improve your streaming speed.
Additionally, using a wired internet connection instead of Wi-Fi can provide a more stable and consistent connection for streaming. If none of these Ivacy troubleshooting tips work, I recommend reaching out to the VPN’s customer support, as they might recommend the optimal streaming server you can connect to based on your location.
Unable to Access Netflix with Ivacy?
If Ivacy is consistently unable to access Netflix, it’s likely due to Netflix’s ongoing efforts to block VPN traffic. Fortunately, there are some easy fixes you can try and troubleshoot Ivacy access issues.
Start by changing the server you’re connected to. Try servers in different regions to see if any of them can bypass the block.
Another quick Netflix Ivacy VPN fix is to clear your browser’s cookies and cache. These can sometimes interfere with your ability to stream Netflix through a VPN, so removing them might help Ivacy trick this media service into accessing its library in a different region.
Onto a more advanced way to fix Ivacy VPN, you can try disabling IPv6 on your device, as Netflix may use it to detect your location. You can do this in your device’s network settings.
Ivacy also offers dedicated IP addresses. Consider using this feature, as dedicated IPs are less likely to be blocked by Netflix.
If these quick remedies don’t help you resolve Ivacy issues with Netflix, the only thing left is to pick a different VPN provider.
Why is Ivacy a Good Choice for Netflix?
Ivacy is a solid VPN that delivers reliable and consistent Netflix access. That said, what makes Ivacy such a good pick for this video streaming service? Here’s a quick overview of why Ivacy is a good pick for anyone wanting to watch Netflix episodes in different regions:
- Reliable Bypassing — Ivacy consistently works to bypass Netflix’s geo-blocking measures. This allows you to connect to Netflix from different regions and explore various content libraries.
- Fast and Stable Servers — Ivacy offers high-speed servers, minimizing buffering and ensuring a smooth streaming experience. Moreover, this is useful for all other activities besides streaming, including sharing P2P files and general web browsing.
- Streaming-Optimized Servers — Ivacy’s entire server network encompasses dedicated servers optimized for streaming. This means you don’t have to carefully select the optimal server, as every location is tailored to offer a great streaming experience.
- Large Server Network — With servers in over a hundred countries, Ivacy offers a wide range of options for accessing different Netflix libraries. For example, it servers in over a dozen US cities, making it very convenient to access US Netflix from anywhere.
- User-Friendly Apps — Ivacy offers user-friendly apps for various devices, making it easy to set up and use. Moreover, its apps are very simplistic and suitable even for complete novices in the VPN field.
- Affordable Pricing — Ivacy plans are very competitive, making it a cost-effective choice for Netflix users. Its monthly plan is among the most affordable around, and there’s even a five-year plan for users who want maximum long-term savings.
How to Unblock Netflix with Ivacy
Depending on which device you want to view Netflix programs, the setup steps can differ significantly. To make sure you’re covered on all of these VPN techniques, I want to share the precise steps on how to connect to Netflix from any device of your choice. With that in mind, here’s how to use Ivacy to unblock this streaming service:
Watch Netflix Shows on Windows & Mac
If you want to watch Netflix shows on your Windows or Mac device, the setup steps are identical to those in the quick step-by-step guide I shared above. Here’s how to use Ivacy’s IP addresses to watch content on your Windows or Mac device:
- Download the Windows or Mac app on your device.
- Log into the app and select a server.
- Go to Netflix and start streaming!
Android & iOS
You can download Android and iOS apps through the provider’s site and the two respective stores. No matter which route you decide to go with, the installation and setup are pretty straightforward, as it involves minimal user input. Here’s how to set up Ivacy for Netflix on your mobile devices:
- Download the appropriate Ivacy app for your Android/iOS device.
- Open the app and select a server in a region you want to watch this streaming site.
- Wait for the connection to be established.
- Open up your Netflix app and start streaming Netflix with Ivacy!
If you want to install Ivacy on your Smart TV to stream Netflix, you can do so easily, provided you have a newer TV. If you have an older TV, you’ll have to download the Ivacy Android app, which is compatible with most Smart TVs. In this case, you should follow the steps listed above and use it as you would on your mobile device.
Streaming Devices & Routers
If you want to set up Ivacy on a device that doesn’t natively allow you to do so, you will have to install the VPN on your router. This is the case when you want to use Ivacy on your PlayStation/Xbox/Roku device. Here’s how to set up Ivacy on your router:
- Make sure you have a VPN-supported router.
- Access your router’s panel.
- Go to “Administration” then “Commands” and enter the command:
- Enter your credentials and select the protocol of your choice.
- Save the settings to change the status to connected.
Which Netflix Regions Can I Unblock With Ivacy?
Ivacy can unblock Netflix in an above-average number of Netflix regions compared to many other VPNs. You can use it to reliably access Netflix in various popular regions. While testing this VPN, I’ve tried all of these locations at least multiple times, and Ivacy always managed to unblock Netflix. With that in mind, you can use Ivacy to watch Netflix content in these regions:
- US Netflix
- UK Netflix
- Netflix Germany
- Netflix Canada
- Netflix Australia
- Netflix Japan
- Netflix France
Ivacy VPN Alternatives for Netflix
Although the Ivacy Netflix solution works well for many Netflix regions, there still are some VPN alternatives worth considering. Here are the five top VPN alternatives you can go for instead of Ivacy:
- NordVPN — If you want the best online streaming experience and a vast network of IP addresses, NordVPN is the top provider for the job. As the best Netflix VPN, NordVPN can bypass geo-restrictions in more countries than Ivacy. Moreover, it has fewer limitations in terms of speeds, as it’s fast enough to support 4K content streaming.
- Surfshark — While Surfshark isn’t an outright better Netflix VPN than NordVPN, it does have some strengths that make it a great alternative. Namely, it’s among the most affordable VPNs around. Plus, it supports unlimited simultaneous connections. And, although its servers aren’t specifically optimized for streaming, all of them feature at least one 1 Gbps port, while many of them even have 10 Gbps ports.
- ExpressVPN — ExpressVPN is one of the fastest and most robust Netflix VPNs. Its streamlined and efficient Lightway protocol is particularly great for users who prefer to view Netflix content on their mobile or tablet devices. It’s more on the pricier side compared to the other VPN alternatives. So, it’s primarily a solid pick for users who want a premium service and don’t mind the slightly more expensive plan.
- PrivateVPN — PrivateVPN is a fairly simple service, comparable to Ivacy in many aspects. However, what makes it one of the best VPNs is its impressive 99.98% uptime. In this regard, PrivateVPN is the most stable VPN in the business. So, it’s a great pick over other services if you like binge-watching Netflix content.
- Atlas VPN — Much like Surfshark, Atlas VPN is an excellent budget option. It’s not as fast as my picks above, but it comes with streaming-optimized servers that provide reliable Netflix access. Additionally, this is the only one out of my five VPN alternatives that offer a free plan. Its free VPN subscription offers the best free VPN plan you can get, with three server options (two of which are streaming-optimized) and limited data.
Does Netflix Block Ivacy?
As is the case with many other VPNs, Netflix has periodically managed to block Ivacy in certain regions using geo-restrictions and VPN blocking software, in its efforts to enforce regional content restrictions. However, Ivacy can still access Netflix regions reasonably well.
Of course, sometimes Netflix’s VPN blocking software can detect a VPN IP and flag it down. Nevertheless, this VPN blocking doesn’t affect Ivacy users to a significant degree, as you can avoid it easily. The quickest hassle-free solutions when this happens are to simply switch to Netflix servers that aren’t affected by Netflix IP blocking.
As Ivacy offers over 5,700 servers in 100+ countries, it has a massive library of IP addresses. So, even if Netflix blocked IP addresses of one of its servers, you always have more than enough options to get new IP addresses.
Ivacy VPN Netflix FAQs:
Does Ivacy work with all Netflix libraries?
No, Ivacy can’t access all Netflix regions. Nevertheless, it does help you gain entry to Netflix libraries in various locations worldwide. You can use this VPN service to unblock Netflix in the US, UK, Japan, Canada, and Germany, among other locations.
Can Ivacy unblock other streaming platforms?
Yes, Ivacy can unblock various streaming services in addition to Netflix. It provides access to popular services like Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, HBO Max, BBC iPlayer, and many more. Ivacy is a very versatile VPN for streaming enthusiasts.
Is Ivacy fast enough for Netflix?
Yes, Ivacy is fast enough to offer reliable Netflix streaming. It incurs approximately a 15% to 20% speed dropdown to your connection, so if you have speeds of at least 10-15 Mbps, you can enjoy full HD video quality without any connection problems.
Can I use a free VPN to watch Netflix abroad?
No, using a free VPN to watch Netflix shows is not recommended. Free VPN services often have limited server options, which can result in slow and unreliable connections. The services are also less likely to consistently bypass Netflix’s restrictions.
Does Ivacy have a kill switch?
Yes, Ivacy offers a kill switch, albeit not on all of its featured platforms. The kill switch is currently only available on Windows and Android. Unfortunately, macOS and iOS users can’t rely on this feature to protect their network.
Why does Netflix prevent access to VPNs?
Netflix employs VPN detection tools to block VPNs in order to comply with licensing rights. Many content providers have Netflix content agreements, and according to these deals, Netflix can only show content in the regions it’s licensed to do so.
Does Ivacy work with Netflix on Fire Stick, Roku, and Kodi?
Yes, Ivacy works with Netflix on Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, and Kodi. It’s also very adept at unblocking Hulu and Disney Plus, and every other major streaming site. Overall, Ivacy is a great VPN for streaming on these devices.
Is Ivacy VPN the best VPN for Netflix?
Ivacy is a good choice for accessing Netflix from various regions due to its reliable performance and streaming-friendly features. However, when it comes to the best VPN for Netflix, NordVPN boasts a larger network, better speeds, and more capable unblocking.
Is watching Netflix with Ivacy legal?
Watching Netflix with Ivacy VPN is generally legal in most countries, as long as you have a legitimate Netflix subscription. So, while it goes against Netflix’s anti-VPN stance, using a VPN to bypass geo-restrictions is not inherently illegal.
Conclusion – Can You Use Ivacy to Stream Netflix?
Ivacy certainly outperforms many other VPN services when it comes to bypassing Netflix’s VPN restrictions. It has solid unblocking strength that will help you reach US Netflix and other popular regions this streaming service operates in.
And, while it’s not the fastest Virtual Private Network around, it will offer stable speeds for this streaming service. You can stream Netflix series and movies in Full HD without any buffering or connection stutters.
That said, if you want to enjoy Netflix shows in 4K or access the streaming platform in more regions, there are better VPNs I recommend signing up with. Specifically, I’ve found NordVPN to be the superior VPN for Netflix and the best provider for this streaming service.
Cybersecurity and VPN researcher