Those who want to protect themselves from all online threats it’s best to use an antivirus together with a VPN. Both technologies would protect you from online tracking and malware on different levels. Antivirus secures your device and downloads, while a VPN protects you online.
Luckily there are antivirus bundles that include a VPN as well. But which of the antivirus and VPN software packages are the best?
Short on time?
Here are the best antivirus with VPN included in 2021:
How to choose the best antivirus with a VPN package
It’s one thing to pick only one protection tool, but when it comes to software combos it’s key to find the best one. You need to look for different features in both antivirus and VPN software. The package should fit your needs and provide the most protection out of both antivirus and VPN.
What to look for when choosing the best antivirus
There are a few key features that are essential when picking antivirus software. It is critical for the software to properly detect and protect you from malware.
Here is what you need to consider when choosing antivirus software:
- High malware detection rate: it is a critical component in antivirus software. This tells about the software’s ability to find, protect, and defend from malware. The antivirus must protect from threats like viruses, trojans, ransomware, or spyware. The higher the malware detection rate the better. You can find the comprehensive antivirus tests carried by the Independent IT-security Institute.
- Performance load: most defenders and antiviruses are very performance-intensive. They use the device’s resources to continuously check and scan for the threats. Such processes greatly slow down your device so performance capabilities are essential.
- Scan time: scan time is important too. The computer uses the most resources during scan time. Thus, the best antiviruses offer features such as Quick Scan or Custom scan.
- Real-time malware protection: real-time detection will protect you while browsing online. You need a real-time protection feature that could scan the web pages before visiting. It should allow inspecting downloads and block unexpected scripts running on the websites. Real-time malware protection is a must to stay safe online.
- Email scans: an antivirus should also be able to scan your emails for phishing attacks. These scam emails or malicious attachments try to get your personal data.
- Compatibility: if you want to use the software on many devices, do check the compatibility. Many antiviruses are available on both Windows and Mac desktop devices. But, if you want to install them on iOS or Android some antivirus versions are not supported on mobile. Your device’s processor compatibility (32-bit or 64-bit) should also be taken into account.
What to look for in a VPN
- Speeds: when connected to a VPN server your internet speed could decrease up to 30%. The best VPNs have almost no speed reduction and unlimited bandwidth. Great speeds are essential for HD streaming and downloading.
- Large server network: with many server locations it is easier to unblock any content. The more different countries a VPN network has the more various content you can unlock. It also balances the server load so you can get better speeds.
- No-logs policy: a strict no-logs policy is critical for your privacy
- Security: VPN encryption protocols ensure the security of the connection. A VPN should use protocols like OpenVPN, IKEv2 L2TP, SSL, or WireGuard protocols.
- Tracking protection: an extra feature some VPNs offer is online tracking protection. Some consumer-based VPNs can block malicious websites and ads even without an antivirus.
- Kill switch and advanced features: an internet Kill Switch protects IP address leaks. This is especially important when downloading torrents or using other P2P traffic. A kill switch would greatly improve your privacy online, but not every VPN has it.
Best Antivirus with VPN included in 2021
Norton is probably the best antivirus with a VPN in the 2021 package. It has an unlimited Norton Secure VPN traffic for your online privacy. The antivirus has great scores on AVTest 1 in performance, protection, and usability.
This is the best value pack with VPN included since you get extra security features such as:
- 50GB of cloud storage
- Password Manager
- Online Thread protection
- 5 device support for both antivirus and VPN
- DarkWeb monitoring for personal data protection
Norton Secure VPN has servers in 28 countries and great for general browsing. It uses a secure OpenVPN protocol with AES-256 bit encryption.
A big cons if you like to watch Netflix or Torrent since this VPN does not support either of those. You rather take a look at NordVPN that works with streaming and has full P2P support.
Norton has a 30-day free trial and even a 60-day money-back guarantee on its products.
Panda’s Premium combo comes with an unlimited Panda Dome VPN. The server network has 22 server locations available for unblocking any content.
The VPN can only be run alongside antivirus and is not available as a standalone app. The features are also quite limited and very basic. There is no kill switch, customization, or advanced settings. But, it does have decent speeds, a no-log policy, and is good for torrenting.
Panda’s Dome Premium package comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. It will allow you to test everything that comes with this bundle.
Bitdefender Total Security 2021 Bundle with VPN
Bitdefender is also a great antivirus with a VPN package. The antivirus software is compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. It also can support up to 5 devices at once.
The Anti-tracker is a great addition in the new 2021 edition. It protects you from malicious trackers on the websites.
Bitdefender Total Security Package includes a free 200 MB / day encrypted VPN traffic. For unlimited traffic, you should add the extra to the bundle.
Bitdefender Premium VPN is not stand-alone software and can only be used as a part of its product suite.
It does have a 30-day money-back guarantee policy.
Avira Prime: Antivirus with Phantom VPN included
Avira Antivirus with Phantom VPN included is a great choice to protect your devices. It also has a real-time threat detection and protection from malware. It can block infected websites and ad-trackers.
Avira Prime combo also comes with a password manager that stores unhackable passwords. Also, a PC cleaner tool helps optimize your device’s performance. You can 5 devices at once with this antivirus.
Its VPN says it holds no logs, uses bank-grade encryption, and has 36 countries to connect to.
It does have a kill-switch too, which is a huge bonus for a VPN to have. Avira’s Phantom VPN is everything that a basic VPN should have.
AVG Secure VPN with an Internet Security Package
AVG Security Package comes with a Secure VPN included. The VPN has strong encryption and supports P2P traffic. There’s also streaming dedicated servers, which is a rare thing for an antivirus VPN to have.
There are some concerns about its logging policy. It collects timestamps, IP addresses, and data usage.
The antivirus comes with malware protection, email scans, and real-time web scans. It is one of the best antiviruses which can protect 1 to 10 devices on any platform with mobile included.
It can also create a secure layer around your folders to protect from ransomware. Also blocks infectious links, fake websites, and can optimize the device’s performance.
Can you get a virus when using a VPN
A VPN’s main purpose is to secure, encrypt, and hide your internet activity. It is still possible to get a virus even if a VPN has malware and anti-tracking protection features. A VPN alone only prevents to a certain extent from infecting your device. Only anti-virus software fully protects from viruses and other malware.
Do you need a VPN and antivirus together
For full malware protection, it is best to use both a VPN and antivirus together. A VPN and antivirus work together very well. A VPN hides and protects your data when browsing online. The antivirus prevents your device from malicious downloads and dangerous web scripts.
Conclusion – The Best Antivirus with VPN included
Antivirus companies are good at making their primary product – malware protection software. But, when it comes to a VPN, the experience is usually very basic. The VPN software lacks features like Kill Switch, DNS protection, or P2P support. The server network in Antivirus with VPN included is also not that big.
The Norton’s 360 Deluxe Package is the best money-to-value ratio choice. If you’re looking for a VPN that has high speeds, works with Netflix, and supports torrenting – take a look at NordVPN. It has more than 5200+ servers in 59+ countries with all advanced online privacy features.