It could not be more annoying to have parental controls on your Wi-Fi. Parents put in place those restrictions on many devices – iPhones, laptops, and even the home WiFi. Luckily, there is an easy way to get around those limitations and it’s using a VPN.
Not all VPNs are the same, to bypass different parental controls you need a good VPN. Let’s take a look at what kind of parental controls you might be dealing with.
What Kind of Parental Controls You Might Be Dealing With
Parental control is a broad term and it can be set up in various ways. These measures can filter content, censor websites, or track and log what you do online.
The restriction can also be set on different levels – apps, routers, WiFi, or even ISP.
Here’s where parental controls can be set up:
- On apps, devices, or OS
- On the router and WiFi
- Monitored by ISP
Parental Controls on Apps and Devices
Some devices such as an iPhone, Windows, or Mac laptops have built-in parental controls. Those could automatically block websites that are not suitable for the underaged. This feature also tracks and provides reports for the parents on all online activities.
Restrictions On Routers and WiFi
These parental controls affect the whole home network since they are set on the router. Some routers have parental controls that track every website visited. They can also block access to the internet for specific devices too.
Some ISPs watch all internet traffic that goes from home or school networks. Since ISP can see all connections it can put on filters and limit the time when some websites can be accessed. It also can block some websites completely. Some parental controls are offered by ISP as a feature. It can generate reports for parents on all online activities that happened.
How to Bypass Parental Controls on Wi-Fi
To bypass the Parental Controls on a WiFi you need to use a VPN. It will unblock the websites and hide your online activity from reports. The only thing that can be seen is a connection to a VPN server’s IP Address. It is the easiest way to get around any parental controls.
Here’s how to bypass parental controls on WiFi:
- Set up a VPN account (NordVPN recommended)
- Download and install a VPN application on your device
- Log in to the app and connect to any VPN server
- Now you just bypassed parental controls and can browse freely.
Read the full guide on how to bypass Circle with Disney, if this device is used.
What to look for in a VPN to get around Parental Controls
Using a VPN to get around Parental Controls is the easiest way to unblock all websites you want. But, only the best VPNs can do that. If you want to:
- Unblock websites
- Play online games
- Hide your online activities
- Browse without ISP knowing where you connect
- Use it on any device
– then you should pick a VPN with certain features.
Here’s what to look for in a VPN to get around parental controls:
- Large Server Network: with many in different locations you can unblock more websites. Also, if one IP is blocked, you can connect to a different server to bypass controls again.
- Fast Speeds: really important for low-ping gaming and fast browsing.
- Unblocks Streaming: a VPN should unblock Netflix, Hulu, or Disney Plus
- No-Logs Policy: with a no-log policy, no one can know what you do online.
- Strong Encryption: keeps your connections private from ISP and hackers
- Support for all devices: a VPN should support iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows devices all at once.
Here are some best VPNs that can bypass parental controls:
Parental controls are indeed annoying and can be set on the devices, home network, or even ISP. But, it is very easy to circumvent most of them by using a VPN. It would encrypt your traffic, hide all internet activities, and unblock any website.
Here are some of the best VPN choices to do so: