Real Debrid is a multi hosting service with numerous servers that host user files. Best of all, the service also provides these files for streaming, sharing, or downloading.
Real Debrid has grown to become rather popular with the streaming community, particularly when it comes to Kodi users. However, while it enhances the streaming experience for them, it is useful to anyone interested in streaming movies and shows that they can’t reach otherwise.
However, the legality of the matter is in a bit of a grey area, as it is always the case when it comes to sharing, streaming, and downloading files. The service states that it is fully legal, but it also notes that “we and our host could not be held responsible if you download this type of content through our services.”
This isn’t filling us with confidence and certainty, so we suggest you use a VPN first if you plan on using Real Debrid. All that remains is for you to find the best service to use, which can be tougher than it sounds.
Short on time?
Here are the best VPNs for Real Debrid:
How to Choose the Best VPN for Real Debrid
VPN services have grown very popular in recent years. As such, there are now hundreds of providers out there, and most of them aren’t good. In order to understand the difference between different VPNs and separate good or bad, you just need to keep an eye on certain important features, such as:
- High speeds: Speed is important for VPN for several reasons. Not only is it necessary in order to stream and download content, but it is also important because VPNs naturally slow down your speed. Choosing a fast service is imperative in order to have a VPN that is useful for Real Debrid.
- Stability: In order to have the best experience, you need a stable VPN service that will help you maintain a stable connection. VPNs can also protect you from throttling, which is something that ISPs tend to do if you use too much bandwidth, as you would for things like streaming.
- Server Networks and servers: Having servers in the right places is crucial in order to be able to unblock online content that is banned in your country. This is why VPNs with large networks of servers, which are located across the world, are so important.
- The number of supported devices: If you have a family you wish to protect, you should always look for VPNs that provide a large number of simultaneous connections. Alternatively, even if you are on your own but you have many devices, you might still want to protect them all and ensure your privacy.
- No logs policy: Speaking about privacy, you should pick a VPN that has a no-logs guarantee. Such services promise that they will not record your data, online browsing, and similar information. If they don’t own it, they can’t sell it or have it taken away, which means all the more security for you.
- Security: Security is a common theme for VPN since these devices were made with online security in mind. This is why they offer strong security protocols, encryption, and many other security features that prevent exposure. Just make sure to use the one that offers the strongest of these features, and you will be safe.
- Apps: Lastly, make sure that the VPN you opt to use supports many types of devices and systems. You can ensure that by selecting a VPN with many dedicated apps. After all, what good is a VPN that you can’t use on your device just because it doesn’t support it? You could always tweak it manually in order to have it working, but for the majority of users out there, this is simply not an option as they lack the knowledge to do it.
Best VPN for Real Debrid
NordVPN is considered to be one of the top-ranking VPNs around the world. It has more than 14 million users globally. The service comes with many benefits, such as rich online privacy and security features. It offers more than 5,000 servers in 60+ countries. Furthermore, it is based in Panama, and it has a strict no-logs policy.
NordVPN features a lot, such as a military-grade 256-bit AES encryption and multiple security protocols.
It supports torrenting, and it even offers dedicated P2P servers. Meanwhile, there are no limits on bandwidth or data that you can download or upload. This, alongside excellent speeds, makes it a perfect VPN for streaming and gaming.
Its massive server network allows it to unblock most streaming services. You can unblock Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and many others, from anywhere in the world.
It also lets you use it on up to 6 devices at the same time with a single license.
And, since it offers apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and many more, it can be used on most, if not all of your devices.
Finally, NordVPN features a 30-day money-back guarantee, in case you change your mind. You can buy it and test it for yourself, and if it doesn't perform well for you, you can get a full refund.
Surfshark is one of the younger VPN services on this list, as it launched in 2018. But, it rose through the ranks rather fast, and it is now one of the best in the industry.
Surfshark uses OpenVPN security protocol and ShadowSocks, 256-bit AES encryption, and many other security features. It can block ads with CleanWeb, and let you protect specific ones with Whitelister. It can also prevent exposure thanks to its kill switch.
Since it is also located in the British Virgin Islands, it also delivers on its promise not to keep logs.
Surfshark offers blazing speeds, as well as P2P and torrenting support. More than that, it has over 1700 servers around the world. This makes it perfect for unblocking any sort of content, streaming, or online gaming.
It is already available on most popular devices and systems, but that is not all. It also has a unique feature, which is the fact that you can use it on an unlimited number of devices. With a single license, you can cover as many devices as you need. This is great if you want to protect your entire family.
Finally, Surfshark also has a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means that you get an entire month to test it, and get your money back if you decide that you don't like it.
ExpressVPN is a VPN service that often finds itself at the top of the best VPN lists. It has been one of the top-ranking services for years, and not without reason.
ExpressVPN is located in the British Virgin Islands. As such, it is far away from any data-hungry, intrusive government. It also uses TrustedServer technology. This allows it to stay true to its promise of keeping no logs of your activities. Its servers run on RAM only, which makes wiping them clean quick and simple. On top of that, it has some of the strongest security features a VPN world can offer.
It uses the strongest security protocols, such as OpenVPN, 256-bit AES encryption, and a major server network. In fact, its network is one of the largest, spanning throughout 94 countries. The number of servers themselves is at around 3,000, which is more than enough to unblock nearly anything.
On top of that, ExpressVPN is one of the fastest VPNs in the industry. This makes it perfect for streaming, as it can unblock almost any streaming service, like Netflix, Hulu, or BBC iPlayer. That, and it is great for torrenting, as it supports P2P traffic.
It is also one of the VPNs with the largest number of dedicated apps. It can protect almost any device, such as Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS. It supports consoles, smart TVs, and it even has browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox.
Lastly, it also has a 30-day money-back guarantee, if you decide that you are not getting what you need from it.
Private Internet Access
Next up, we have Private Internet Access, or PIA, for short. This is another old and reputable VPN that offers advanced security features.
PIA can protect your traffic with WireGuard and OpenVPN security protocols. Like the others, it uses the industry's strongest encryption, 256-bit AES. Adding to that, it also blocks ads trackers, malware, prevents DNS leaks, and more.
It is a very fast VPN, which makes it great for torrenting. Fortunately, it supports all forms of P2P traffic, torrenting included. Not only that, but it's fast speeds make it great for streaming. And, since it can unblock all kinds of content, it is great for bypassing restrictions.
PIA is available on pretty much all platforms, which is excellent news for those who use many devices. Not only that, but it also lets you protect up to 10 devices simultaneously. Once again, this is great for protecting entire families.
Lastly, PIA has a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you get a nice, long testing period to check it out.
- Block ads, trackers, and malware
- Can be used with 10 devices simultaneously
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 3200+ Servers in 29 Countries
- No Traffic or Request logs
- 7-day money-back guarantee
Nearing the end of the list, we have PureVPN. This service has several unique benefits to it that we will mention shortly. For now, it is important to note that it is as safe and as protective of its users as any other on the list.
PureVPN offers all the standard security features. Those include port forwarding, as well as cheap dedicated IPs, for only $3.99 per month Then, there is strong encryption (256.bit AES) and security protocols like OpenVPN, PPTP, and L2TP. It has a kill switch and DNS leak protection. It keeps no logs, and it lets you use a dedicated IP option.
It also has more than adequate speeds, which are great for streaming. Thanks to the fact that it has over 2,000 servers and 300,000 IPs, you can unblock almost anything.
PureVPN even allows you to unblock foreign Netflix, and it supports P2P. In other words, if you are a fan of torrenting, you can do it in a safe and private way with PureVPN.
The service is also well-known for its wide offering of dedicated apps. It will let you use it on pretty much any kind of device. Best of all, it offers a 7-day trial for only $0.99. After the trial, you have to pay, of course. But, you still get a 31-day money-back guarantee, so you have around 38 days in total to test this VPN before deciding.