With over 175 million monthly users, SoundCloud is one of the world’s most extensive music streaming services. But, similarly to other streaming platforms such as Netflix, Spotify, or Disney+, it’s unavailable in certain regions due to copyright issues and licensing challenges. With that in mind, can you go around their geo-blocks? And if so, how do you Unblock SoundCloud if it’s not available in your country?
The easiest and most effective way to unblock SoundCloud is to use a VPN. By choosing the right Virtual Private Network service, you’ll be able to consistently bypass SoundCloud’s geo-blocks and enjoy streaming, among many other useful features a VPN can provide you.
Here are the Best VPNs for SoundCloud:
Why Does SoundCloud Block Certain Countries?
As an online streaming platform, SoundCloud features content from music artists from all over the globe. With that in mind, some musicians and companies don’t have the right to publish their content worldwide. In such cases, they’ll only license their content to SoundCloud as a publisher in certain specific regions. Simultaneously, the content will be blocked in all other territories where the artist has chosen to restrict it.
How to Unblock SoundCloud in your Country?
Here’s a quick guide on how to unblock SoundCloud in your country:
- Sign up with a VPN that can unblock SoundCloud.
- Download the appropriate VPN app for your device.
- Connect to a server in a country where SoundCloud is available.
- Sign up with SoundCloud.
- Remember to always connect to a VPN server before accessing SoundCloud.
Following this step-by-step guide is the most effective way to unblock SoundCloud in your country regularly. It’s imperative to remember step number five if you’re using SoundCloud GO+ on your mobile device. This is because opening the mobile app without an active VPN connection could lead to losing your saved offline tracks and having to download them again.
How to Listen to Songs not Available in Your Country on SoundCloud
Unlike some other major streaming platforms like Netflix and the BBC iPlayer, SoundCloud doesn’t have a system to detect and block IP addresses associated with VPN services. You can freely enjoy streaming music on this platform without any worries of getting banned.
If you connect to a VPN server and still get prompted with the “This song is not available in your country” message, it might be because the content isn’t available in the country where the VPNs particular server is based. To resolve this, simply choose another server from a nearby country and try again.
How to Unblock Soundcloud at School?
Even if SoundCloud isn’t geo-restricted in your region, you may still encounter problems when trying to access it at school or work. This is because network administrators often enforce bans on social media and streaming platforms to prevent students and employees from spending too much time on them while at school or work.
The best way to unblock SoundCloud at school or your workplace is the one we talked about above, and that is to use a VPN. By connecting to a remote VPN server, you’ll be able to bypass your school’s local network ban, as well as any possible geo-restrictions, and enjoy streaming music from SoundCloud at school.
Can SoundCloud Detect a VPN?
No, SoundCloud can’t detect whether or not you’re using a VPN to access their platform. If you’ve had any problems in the past when trying to access SoundCloud with a VPN, it was most likely because of the VPN’s inability to go around SoundCloud’s geo-restrictions.
With that said, this shouldn’t be a problem if you pick a reliable and quality VPN service. Any of the five VPNs mentioned above are very capable of unblocking SoundCloud, and you won’t have any issues accessing SoundCloud with any of them.
What Features Should you Look for in a VPN to Unblock SoundCloud?
When choosing a suitable VPN to unblock SoundCloud, you should pay attention to several specific factors. The most important features to look for in a VPN to unblock SoundCloud are:
- Connection Speed and Reliability – When you’re listening to music on SoundCloud, the last thing you want to experience is slow Internet. For this reason, an essential thing to look for is a VPN that can offer you fast server speeds and reliable performance with little to no connection drops.
- Quality and Quantity of Servers – To effectively avoid geo-blocks, you need to pick a VPN with an extensive and well spread out network of servers. More important than this, the servers should also be where you need them so you can always access SoundCloud through multiple pathways.
- Robust Security Features – The minimum you should look for when choosing a SoundCloud VPN is 256-bit encryption and a 100% Zero Logs policy. Besides these, additional security features to look for include DNS leak protection and a kill-switch.
- Intuitive Software and Apps – Aside from offering extra features, a reliable SoundCloud VPN should also be easy to use. Ideally, it should offer multi-platform support and apps you can get around quickly and without much learning.
What Else a VPN Can Do
A VPN is an extremely convenient tool for unblocking SoundCloud. That said, there are plenty more things a top-quality VPN can do besides unblocking SoundCloud. Here are several more things you can do with a VPN:
- Unblock Other Streaming Services – Due to licensing and copyright issues, most streaming platforms impose a region-locking system similar to SoundCloud’s. With a VPN, you can unblock any streaming service on the Internet and enjoy unrestricted and unlimited content.
- Avoid Region Locks and Censorship – If you live in a heavily-censored country or are a frequent traveler, a VPN can be very useful in helping you avoid censorship and geo-targeted content.
- Torrent Anonymously – A VPN can be your trustworthy ally if you frequently download files from P2P websites. If you use it while torrenting content, no one (including your ISP) will be able to see what you’re doing or downloading.
- Protect Your Valuable Data – Safety and privacy features are the most prominent aspects of every VPN. You can use it to protect your valuable personal and financial information and make sure no data gets into the wrong hands.
Best VPNs for SoundCloud
With over 5460 servers in their network, NordVPN is the best VPN for streaming online content. It’s capable of unblocking SoundCloud, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and many more streaming sites from many servers in their vast network. Utilizing their NordLynx protocol, this VPN can offer streaming speeds that are faster than any protocol in the same category.
With NordVPN, you don’t have to worry about bandwidth limits, no buffering, and no throttling. Most importantly, they never log anything you do when connected to their servers, so you can use NordVPN for many other activities aside from streaming on SoundCloud. This VPN service also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can rest assured you won’t be losing a cent if you change your mind down the line.
Surfshark’s servers are known to be lightning-fast, ideal for users who are primarily looking for a reliable VPN for streaming purposes. Their apps are easy to use and can unblock SoundCloud without any effort. This VPN’s excellent connection speeds aren’t only useful for streaming. They also mean that you’ll be able to download content without any issues.
SurfShark allows its users to add an unlimited number of devices to the same subscription plan, which means that, and you didn’t hear this here, you can share this VPN service with as many friends and family members as you want, without any extra fees or costs. It can’t get more cost-effective than this.
ExpressVPN offers a huge global server network, spread across 160 locations in 94 countries. With a selection of ultra-fast servers, you won’t have to worry about any streaming lags or long loading times when using SoundCloud. Plus, their VPN service comes with a dedicated app for every device in your household, so you can conveniently stream music on any device of your choice.
Like NordVPN, this VPN service can unblock SoundCloud and every major streaming site from multiple servers worldwide. If you’re a budget-minded shopper, we should mention that ExpressVPN comes with one drawback – it’s more expensive than any other VPN featured on this page.
Private Internet Access
When you open up the Private Internet Access site, you’ll notice that they advertise a phenomenal server network of 23600+ servers in 77 countries. More important than sheer numbers, these servers are well-distributed in critical locations for unblocking streaming sites, notably SoundCloud, among many others.
Allowing you to connect up to 10 devices simultaneously with unlimited bandwidth, Private Internet Access is a great choice if you have multiple family members who also like to stream music frequently. Aside from the features significant for SoundCloud, PIA also provides P2P support, multiple VPN gateways, and a strict no-logs policy, making it an excellent choice for every privacy-conscious Internet user.
- Block ads, trackers, and malware
- Can be used with 10 devices simultaneously
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 3200+ Servers in 29 Countries
- No Traffic or Request logs
- 7-day money-back guarantee
PureVPN is an exciting VPN service, mainly because it offers dedicated servers for streaming and torrenting, allowing you to prioritize your needs and always pick a server location that’s best for your activity.
With easy to use apps for 20+ devices, you can quickly and easily set up SoundCloud on any device of your choice and enjoy up to 10 simultaneous connections. Besides accessing SoundCloud from anywhere in the world, you’ll be able to unblock any other streaming service as well, as this VPN offers you a well-distributed network of over 6500 servers.
A Quick Takeaway
SoundCloud provides you with a great platform to enjoy popular songs and discover talented up-and-coming artists and bands. Although its geo-blocking systems might be an unfortunate inconvenience, using any of the five VPN services above will help you bypass the country restrictions on SoundCloud and access your favorite music without much trouble. You just have to choose the one that’s best for you.