5 Best VPNs for Clash Of Clans in 2023
Clash of Clans VPN Key Points
- Using a reliable VPN for Clash of Clans can bring many benefits, improve your network performance, and keep you safe while playing CoC and other games.
- Avoid using free services to play Clash of Clans. They can’t offer the same performance and security as premium Clash of Clans VPN services.
- You can use a VPN to access Clash of Clans, as using VPNs for this game isn’t prohibited.
Our Testing has shown that NordVPN is the best VPN for Clash of Clans.
Clash of Clans, along with its most popular sequel, Clash Royale, is among some of the most popular online games for mobile devices. In 2023, it’s still among the top downloaded games for Android and iOS devices, with tens of millions of users on a daily average.
While the game is relatively stable on its own, certain issues can compromise not only your experience but your security. Problems like lag, server unavailability, and online privacy risks are some of the most notable challenges. That being said, the solution for all of this is very simple.
A good VPN for gaming can help take care of all network issues when playing CoC. But, for this to be true, it’s crucial to pick the right VPN service. Read on to learn how a top VPN for Clash of Clans can help you and how to choose the most suitable service for yourself.
Best VPNs for Clash of Clans – Our Shortlist
- NordVPN – Best VPN for Clash of Clans.
- Surfshark – Well-balanced features at an affordable price.
- AtlasVPN – A great budget choice.
- PrivateVPN – Easy-to-use CoC VPN
- ExpressVPN – Robust all-around VPN service.
Why You Need a VPN For Clash of Clans
There are several reasons why using a VPN for Clash of Clans is a good idea. Here’s why you should use a CoC VPN:
- Reduce Lag — CoC and Clash Royale are among the most popular mobile games around. As such, they experience huge crowds, which means that sometimes the servers can get overcrowded. From a player’s perspective, this means more lag. But, with a VPN, you can easily switch between server locations and get an online gaming experience with less lag.
- Avoid Bandwidth Throttling — Some CoC players are afflicted by relentless bandwidth throttling from their ISP. This dishonest practice from your provider can completely ruin your online gaming. Luckily, you can quickly go around the issue of bandwidth throttling with a VPN. Consequently, doing so will also help you lower your ping and latency and ensure smoother gaming.
- Play Clash of Clans From Anywhere — CoC is entirely unavailable in several countries worldwide, such as Russia, Belarus, Iran, and others. Although there are no further region locks like there are for some other online games, you can still find great use of a CoC VPN in this context. With a VPN, you can switch up locations, play in any region worldwide, and enjoy an unrestricted gaming experience.
- Bypass Network Restrictions — You can also use a VPN for CoC to enjoy the game in environments that often have network restrictions. If you’d like to play a bit of CoC during school and work breaks, you can use a VPN to bypass the limits set by the network administrator.
- Secure Your Device — Lastly, some CoC players also use a VPN to add an extra security layer over their devices when gaming online. While Clash of Clans is generally a safe game, providing additional DDoS protection and network privacy is never a bad decision. The added military-grade encryption, ad-blocking, and kill switch protection will make your mobile gaming much safer.
Best VPNs for Clash of Clans – Our Detailed List
With a large server network comprising over 5,500 servers, NordVPN offers you the most server options out of my five selections. Moreover, many of these servers support a double VPN feature and VPN obfuscation. You can also get a dedicated IP address in eight locations.
Server numbers aside, NordVPN is the fastest VPN for CoC overall. It performed excellently in all of my tests and was the fastest service in several categories. More precisely, it was around 5% to 10% faster than my other selections, on average.
This difference might not matter much if you play CoC or Clash Royale. But, if you want to play games that require a lot of bandwidth, the difference in NordVPN’s performance compared to its competitors is not negligible.
A big reason why NordVPN can deliver these super-fast speeds is its proprietary NordLynx protocol. NordLynx is up to two times faster than other VPN protocols and is the service’s default protocol on both Android and iOS.
The service offers some of the best-quality Android and iOS apps, ideal for playing Clash of Clans. That said, this VPN offers only six simultaneous connections, which is much less than you can get with Surfshark and Atlas VPN. Also, it is more expensive than my second and third CoC VPN pick.
Besides being the best VPN for Clash of Clans and Clash Royale, it’s also a superb all-around tool for all of your other online needs. It can unblock any streaming platform and offers browser extensions for Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
NordVPN Speed Test for Gaming Results
|Average Speed – North America (United States)||46,4 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Europe (United Kingdom)||45,2 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Asia (Singapore)||35,3 Mbps|
|Best deal||63% OFF + Gift|
- Fastest VPN for CoC overall
- Best VPN for Clash of Clans and Clash Royale
- CoC VPN with the biggest server network
- Robust security and military-grade encryption
- Protection against DDoS attacks
- 24/7 live chat support
- Only six simultaneous connections
- More expensive than some of my other CoC VPN selections
Coming in at a close number two place, Surfshark is as good as CoC and Clash Royale VPNs come. With 3,200 servers in 100 locations, it offers you more than enough IP addresses to choose from. While it’s a bit less than what NordVPN provides, the sheer selection of server location options makes Surfshark a superb pick, no matter where you’re located.
It’s also one of the most feature-rich CoC VPNs. From standard features like a kill switch and split tunneling feature to more advanced ones like NoBorders Mode and Camouflage Mode, Surfshark has it all. It even has a Smart DNS feature that swaps your local DNS with its private DNS in the US.
Surfshark’s connection speeds on both local and international servers are very good. It is slightly slower than NordVPN across the board but faster than most other VPNs in the market. On the majority of the tested servers, Surfshark was only about 5% slower than NordVPN.
Surfshark is also one of the most affordable VPNs in terms of long-term subscription plans. Not only that, but it’s one of the few services that allow you to connect unlimited devices per subscription. When it comes to these two aspects, Surfshark provides better value for money even than my first pick. So, if you want a budget-friendly VPN you can share with your friends when playing CoC, Surfshark is a better pick than NordVPN.
Surfshark Speed Test for Gaming Results
|Average Speed – North America (United States)||40,1 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Europe (United Kingdom)||39,2 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Asia (Singapore)||35,8 Mbps|
|Best deal||Save 81%|
- A more affordable VPN for CoC than NordVPN
- Supports unlimited simultaneous connections
- Easily unblocks streaming platforms like Netflix and BBC iPlayer
- No-log policy and robust security features
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Slightly slower than NordVPN
- Fewer servers than NordVPN
Atlas VPN is a budget-friendly option in the VPN market. This VPN offers over 750 optimized servers and tons of great features. This includes MultiHop+, SafeSwap, split tunneling, and a kill switch.
Compared to most VPNs out there, Atlas VPN has above-average speeds. But, in the context of this top-five list, it is by far the slowest service out of my five picks. This difference in performance is particularly visible on remote servers. In most locations, Atlas VPN is over 20% slower than the best-performing CoC VPNs.
Looking at its other features, you can count on this VPN to keep your gaming experience safe from DDoS attacks and other online threats. It is based in the US, which is a slight drawback compared to some of my other picks. But, it has a strict no-logs policy, so it doesn’t keep any data on your online activities.
Atlas VPN also is one of the best value-for-money VPNs you can get. Along with Surfshark, it’s the only CoC VPN on my list to offer unlimited simultaneous connections. Moreover, it’s one of the most affordable selections on my list. Considering that, while it does lack in some regards compared to my other top picks, it also has advantages that are important to take into account.
AtlasVPN Speed Test for Gaming Results
|Average Speed – North America (United States)||35,9 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Europe (United Kingdom)||34,2 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Asia (Singapore)||29,9 Mbps|
|Best deal||83% OFF|
- Above-average speed compared to most CoC VPNs
- Very affordable plans and it has a free version
- Includes an abundance of features
- Unlimited device support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Fairly small server network compared to my other selections
- Slowest CoC VPN on my list
The service offers a little over 200 server locations in 63 countries. This might not seem like much compared to my other picks. But, the overall coverage worldwide leaves little to be desired. More importantly, its connection speeds are very good. It is among the fastest VPNs on my list, especially on remote connections. With the latter trait in mind, its remote servers are even faster than NordVPN’s.
Moreover, what makes PrivateVPN one of the best VPNs for CoC are its mobile apps. PrivateVPN’s mobile applications are among the top on the market and are ideal for the mobile-focused Clash of Clans game. PrivateVPN is also a very affordable service, with its monthly plan being more affordable than what my other selections offer.
PrivateVPN is the most reliable VPN service on this list. It boasts an impressive 99.98% uptime, better than any other provider featured on this page. In other words, you can play CoC without worrying about any connection drops or network instability.
On the other hand, PrivateVPN lacks some standard features you can find in other top CoC VPNs. For instance, there’s no split tunneling available. For some VPN users, it might seem like too simplistic a VPN. However, if you want a stable, easy-to-use, and fast VPN for CoC, PrivateVPN is a first-rate pick.
PrivateVPN Speed Test for Gaming Results
|Average Speed – North America (United States)||43,6 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Europe (United Kingdom)||45.9 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Asia (Singapore)||40,1 Mbps|
|Best deal||Save 85%|
- Great speeds, especially on remote servers
- 99.98% uptime
- No-logs policy and strong VPN protection
- Supports port forwarding
- Ten simultaneous connections and unlimited bandwidth
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Not as many servers as other VPN providers
- No split tunneling
ExpressVPN is great if you want to play CoC on various servers worldwide. This is because it delivers consistent speeds across its entire network. You can expect a speed dropdown of 10% on nearby connections and up to 15% on remote servers.
These speeds are mainly thanks to its in-house Lightway protocol, available in both TCP and UDP versions. Moreover, Lightway is a great protocol for playing mobile games like CoC. It uses less battery than other VPN protocols, making it a marvelous performer for long Clash of Clash sessions.
ExpressVPN has also built up a reputation for being one of the most secure VPNs in the business. It uses TrustedServer technology, strong encryption, and a Network Lock (kill switch) feature to protect your VPN traffic. Besides safe and fast gaming, you can count on this provider’s strong unblocking power. It can unblock streaming platforms like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Hulu without much effort.
With all of that in mind, there are a couple of reasons why ExpressVPN isn’t higher than the fifth spot. Firstly, it only supports five simultaneous connections, fewer than any other provider on this list. At the same time, it’s also the most expensive CoC VPN on my list. There’s no denying that ExpressVPN is an excellent premium VPN, but these two aspects can’t be overlooked.
ExpressVPN Speed Test for Gaming Results
|Average Speed – North America (United States)||42,2 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Europe (United Kingdom)||40,9 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Asia (Singapore)||38,1 Mbps|
|Best deal||+3 months FREE|
- Above-average server speeds for playing CoC
- Lightway protocol great for mobile gaming
- Great for all online activities, from streaming to torrenting
- Private DNS RAM-only servers
- Premium security features and a no-logs policy
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Most expensive CoC VPN on my list
- CoC VPN with the fewest (5) simultaneous connections
Clash of Clans VPN Comparison
|Ranking for Gaming||5/5||4.8/5||4.6/5||4.6/5||4.8/5|
|Avg. Speed||46,4 Mbps||40,1 Mbps||35,9 Mbps||43,6 Mbps||42,2 Mbps|
|Logs||No-logs||No identifiable logs||No identifiable logs||No logs||No identifiable logs|
|Suitable for Games||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|P2P Traffic||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|Best Deals||63% OFF + Gift||Save 81%||83% OFF||Save 85%||3 months FREE|
Testing Methodology — How We Pick The Best Clash of Clans VPNs
When selecting the five best VPN services for Clash of Clans and Clash Royale, we thoroughly tested each provider to ensure they can deliver the reliable performance required for playing mobile games.
Perhaps, the benchmarks we used can also help you pick the best VPN for Clash of Clans based on your requirements. Here are the criteria we used to pick the best Clash of Clans VPNs:
- Server Network — A good CoC VPN should have a large and diverse network of global servers, including servers located in regions where the game is popular.
- Connection Speed — Clash of Clans and Clash Royale don’t require a blazing-fast Internet connection like some other mobile games. Nevertheless, the VPN service should offer fast and stable connection speeds to ensure smooth gameplay without lag or connection drops.
- Security and Privacy Features — It’s equally important for a CoC VPN to provide strong encryption and strong security and privacy features such as a kill switch, DNS leak protection, and a no-logs policy to protect your online privacy and security.
- App Support — Clash of Clans is available for Android and iOS, while Clash Royale is also available on iPadOS. The best VPN that you pick should offer top-quality apps for each of these platforms that you want to play CoC on. If you also want to play other games on different operating systems, you need a VPN that supports Windows and Mac and can be set up for gaming consoles.
- Additional Factors — On top of the essential aspects above, the VPN should offer apps that are easy to use, have reliable customer support, and have a trusted reputation. Of course, it should also have reasonable subscription prices.
How To Pay CoC with a VPN Connection
When you’re installing a VPN app on a mobile or tablet device, the process practically completes on its own. You don’t need any extensive technical knowledge to install a Clash of Clans VPN on your Android or iOS device. That said, if you’re still looking for a step-by-step guide, I’ve prepared just the thing. Here’s a quick rundown of how to play Clash of Clans with a VPN:
- Go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store to download the VPN app.
- Download and install the app from the provider of your choice (I recommend NordVPN as the best VPN for CoC).
- Open the app and set up your account.
- Connect to a VPN server (Pick a nearby VPN server for best performance).
- Load up Clash of Clans and start playing!
Can I Use a Free VPN For Clash of Clans?
I don’t recommend using a free service when playing Clash of Clans or any other online game. There are several reasons why I advise you to avoid free VPNs:
- Slow Connection Speed — Free VPN services typically have a limited number of servers available, which can cause slow connection speeds and increased latency. This can lead to a poor gaming experience, with lagging and interruptions.
- Data Limits — Another aspect in which free VPNs severely lack behind premium ones is the amount of data you can use. A premium VPN service will generally offer you unlimited data. In contrast, free VPNs often only offer a few gigabytes. This isn’t enough if you want to play Clash of Clans regularly.
- Security Risks — Many free VPNs are known to track and sell user data, which can put your privacy at risk. They may also contain malware or other security threats that can compromise your device.
- Limited Support and Troubleshooting — Free VPN services may not offer comprehensive support or troubleshooting options, making it difficult to resolve any issues that may arise. This can be especially problematic if you encounter technical problems or need assistance setting up your VPN connection.
Although it’s best to avoid free services, there’s one alternative you can go for. This is to use a freemium service. Looking at the five best Clash of Clans VPNs on this page, Atlas VPN is one service that offers such a deal.
You can get 5 GBs per month and three free server locations without paying anything. And, you can rely on the fact that you’re using a trusted and good VPN. Plus, if you want access to its entire global network, you can easily upgrade to a premium Atlas VPN plan.
CoC VPN Related Articles:
- Best VPNs for RuneScape OSRS
- Best VPNs for Roblox
- Best VPNs for Fortnite
- Best VPNs for Mobile Legends
CoC VPN FAQs
In which countries is Clash of Clans banned?
Clash of Clans is banned in Russia, Belarus, Iran, Cuba, and North Korea. There are reports of it being unavailable in China and Vietnam as well. However, user reports from these two countries suggest that players can still play CoC in these two countries.
Can you get banned on CoC for using a VPN?
No, you won’t get banned for playing Clash of Clans with a VPN. You can use VPN services freely when playing CoC. The use of a VPN to play Clash of Clans is not explicitly prohibited by the game’s terms of service.
Does VPN help with ping in Clash of Clans?
Yes, a VPN for Clash Royale or Clash of Clans can help lower your ping and decrease latency. When you connect to a nearby VPN server, you’re using a faster server connecting and sending data packets through a more direct route.
Can I play Clash of Clans offline?
No, there’s no way to play Clash of Clans offline without risking getting a ban. Theoretically, you can modify your device to play CoC when offline. However, as Clash of Clans is a competitive online game, doing so is against the game’s ToS.