5 Best VPNs for Mobile Legends: Bang Bang in 2023 (Tested)
Mobile Legends VPN Key Points
- Playing Mobile Legends with a VPN can have many benefits, but it’s essential to choose the right service.
- MLBB is only available on tablet and mobile apps, so the VPN needs to offer capable mobile apps for the device of your choice.
- If you want to change between MLBB servers often, you must create a new account for every new server.
Our Testing has shown that NordVPN is the best VPN for Mobile Legends.
Mobile Legends: Bang Bang is a massively popular multiplayer online battle arena. Released in 2016 Android and iOS, it has gained great worldwide attention. The game is especially popular in Southeast Asia. It’s also known for the public dispute with Tencent for plagiarizing the acclaimed League of Legends game.
Despite this controversy, the game enjoys popularity among dozens of millions of players. This is a great achievement for any mobile game, but it also means that it comes with certain problems. Tough matchmaking, slow connections, and potential security problems are some of the most notable issues to have in mind.
The best way to resolve any issues when playing Mobile Legends is to use a reliable VPN service. A secure Mobile Legends VPN can help you unblock regional content and access game servers, lower ping and server lag, and improve your online security. This guide has covered everything you need to know!
Test Your VPN Knowledge – Take A Quiz!
Best VPNs for Mobile Legends – Our Shortlist
- NordVPN – Best VPN for Mobile Legends.
- Surfshark – Superb all-around VPN.
- Atlas VPN – A great budget choice.
- PrivateVPN – Simple and reliable mobile VPN for Mobile Legends.
- ExpressVPN – A first-class VPN service with strong security features.
Why You Need a VPN for Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
If you’re not playing competitively, you might think that playing Mobile Legends with a VPN connection isn’t necessary. But, this isn’t true. Here are four big reasons why you should consider using a VPN for Mobile Legends:
- Hand-pick Your MLBB Server – With a VPN, you can enhance your Mobile Legends gaming experience by choosing the servers you want to play on. You can avoid overcrowded servers and play with minimal lag.
- Influence Matchmaking – It’s a well-known fact that MLBB Asian servers are among the most competitive ones and the hardest to progress in. VPN servers allow you to connect to players from other regions and play in an environment where you can progress more easily.
- Avoid ISP Throttling – If your ISP is throttling your bandwidth, establishing a VPN connection can improve your Internet speed. This will directly impact and better your gaming experience.
- Protect Your Device – Besides improving performance, the best VPNs for Mobile Legends will also keep you safe. They can protect your iOS or Android smartphone from DDoS attacks, encrypt your traffic and help you stay safe while playing multiplayer games.
Mobile Legends VPN Comparison
|Ranking for Gaming||5/5||4.8/5||4.6/5||4.6/5||4.8/5|
|Avg. Speed||46,4 Mbps||40,1 Mbps||35,9 Mbps||43,6 Mbps||42,2 Mbps|
|Logs||No-logs||No identifiable logs||No identifiable logs||No logs||No identifiable logs|
|Suitable for Games||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|P2P Traffic||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|Best Deals||63% OFF + Gift||Save 81%||83% OFF||Save 85%||3 months FREE|
The Best VPN Providers for Mobile Legends – Our Detailed List
NordVPN is our top pick as the best VPN for Mobile Legends and overall gaming VPN. It has the most extensive server network out of the five VPNs on this list, topping Surfshark by over 2,000 servers, with 5,600+ servers in total.
But, more importantly, my tests concluded that its servers are the fastest around, in part thanks to the high-performing NordLynx protocol. NordVPN’s speeds on nearby servers are staggering. In perfect conditions, the service only imposes a speed dropdown of 5% or less on close servers. It was also the fastest VPN when I tested its North American servers.
NordVPN has robust security features and offers great privacy. This includes DNS leak and DDoS protection, as well as a strict no-logs policy. NordVPN’s iOS and Android apps also come with a built-in kill switch.
Of course, NordVPN does have some shortcomings compared to other VPNs on this list. Namely, its plans are slightly more expensive than Surfshark’s. It also offers only six simultaneous connections, while Surfshark doesn’t set a limit on the number of connected devices. Nevertheless, the pros heavily outweigh the cons, making NordVPN the best VPN for Mobile Legends.
NordVPN Speed Test for Gaming Results
|Average Speed – North America (United States)||46,4 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Europe (United Kingdom)||45,2 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Asia (Singapore)||35,3 Mbps|
|Best deal||63% OFF + Gift|
- The fastest VPN for MLBB
- The MLBB VPN with the biggest server network
- Very intuitive iOS and Android apps
- Strict no-logs policy and RAM-disk servers
- Protection against DDoS attacks and a kill switch
- 24/7 live chat support
- Only six simultaneous connections
- More expensive long-term plans than Surfshark
Surfshark offers a significantly smaller server network than NordVPN. Still, you’ll find over 3,200 servers across the globe, making it a great pick for MLBB players from every corner of the world.
The service supports the WireGuard protocol on both iOS and Android. What’s more, each server is secured with private DNS leak protection. There’s also a kill switch feature. The iOS and Android apps are equally superb as NordVPNs and offer many unique features you can tailor, especially in the Advanced Settings tab.
The VPN is known for being one of the fastest on the market and an equally adept performer on both short and long-distance connections. Depending on the server you connect to, you can expect a speed dropdown of only 10% to 20% percent, the latter being more applicable for distant connections. Still, it doesn’t quite match NordVPN’s performance, as my top MLBB pick performed better than Surfshark in every test.
Surfshark Speed Test for Gaming Results
|Average Speed – North America (United States)||40,1 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Europe (United Kingdom)||39,2 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Asia (Singapore)||35,8 Mbps|
|Best deal||Save 81%|
- One of the fastest MLBB VPNs around
- Helps lower in-game lag
- A very affordable VPN provider
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Great security features and a kill switch on both iOS and Android
- Support both the WireGuard and OpenVPN protocol
- Smaller server network than NordVPN
- Slower than NordVPN
3. Atlas VPN
Atlas VPN is a very solid pick if you want a VPN that will lower your latency, improve ping, and offer stable and fast speeds on nearby servers. After playing MLBB on several Atlas VPN servers, I was pleased with just how smooth the experience was.
However, my VPN usage was affected when connected to remote servers. Atlas VPN was around 20% slower than NordVPN and Surfshark when connected to servers in South East Asia.
Moreover, while Atlas VPN has a solid server network, it fails in comparison with Surfshark and NordVPN. Still, its Android and iOS apps are very well designed. Its mobile apps include a kill switch feature, protection against DDoS attacks, and the ability to connect through multiple servers simultaneously.
Additionally, Atlas VPN offers you unlimited device connections at very affordable plans, meaning you can play MLBB with your friends and family on the same VPN plan. Thanks to this, Atlas VPN ranks at a very high third place on my list.
AtlasVPN Speed Test for Gaming Results
|Average Speed – North America (United States)||35,9 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Europe (United Kingdom)||34,2 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Asia (Singapore)||29,9 Mbps|
|Best deal||83% OFF|
- Simple apps for a great gaming experience
- Fast servers for playing MLBB in the US and Europe
- Kill switch on both iOS and Android devices
- Helpful against an ISP throttling your connection
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- DNS and IP leak protection
- Streaming-optimized servers
- Very slow gaming speeds on remote connections
- Significantly fewer servers than Surfshark and NordVPN
PrivateVPN is a simple and streamlined VPN delivering some of the best speeds around. Mobile Legends players can count on great connection speeds across the board, no matter which server they connect to. In fact, PrivateVPN’s remote connection speeds are on average slightly better even than NordVPN’s.
It’s an excellent choice for Mobile Legends, as it provides amazing apps for both Android and iOS devices. Like Surfshark and AtlasVPN, PrivateVPN also supports both the Wireguard protocol and the OpenVPN protocol. Still, it is a fairly simple VPN compared to the previous three services on my list.
One of the main reasons why I included PrivateVPN on this list is its impressive uptime. This service will guarantee almost zero VPN connection drops, as it maintains a superb 99.98% uptime. And, if there’s a connection drop by any chance, you can count on a kill switch to protect your device.
PrivateVPN Speed Test for Gaming Results
|Average Speed – North America (United States)||43,6 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Europe (United Kingdom)||45.9 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Asia (Singapore)||40,1 Mbps|
|Best deal||Save 85%|
- Fantastic MLBB speeds on remote servers
- Very stable gaming speeds for MLBB and other multiplayer games
- Simple and intuitive iOS and Android apps
- Ten simultaneous connections and unlimited bandwidth
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Not as many server locations as other VPN providers
- No split-tunneling
There’s no arguing that ExpressVPN is one of the safest and most sophisticated Mobile Legends VPNs around. It offers thousands of servers and supplies its iOS and Android apps with its in-house Lightway protocol.
This protocol is great for mobile gaming, including playing MLBB. This is because it’s very light and efficient, so you can play Mobile Legends longer without draining your device’s battery. In this regard, I get more MLBB playing time with Lightway than I could when using NordLynx or the standard WireGuard protocol.
Taking all of this into account, I should also mention that ExpressVPN is more expensive than the four services above and only offers five simultaneous connections. From this perspective, any of the four better-ranked VPNs on my list offer a better value for money than this service.
ExpressVPN Speed Test for Gaming Results
|Average Speed – North America (United States)||42,2 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Europe (United Kingdom)||40,9 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Asia (Singapore)||38,1 Mbps|
|Best deal||+3 months FREE|
- Stable connections on both nearby and remote servers
- Lightway protocol great for mobile gaming
- One of the safest MLBB VPNs around
- TrustedServer technology with RAM-only servers
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- More expensive than my top-ranked MLBB VPNs
- VPN with the fewest supported connections per subscription
Testing Methodology: How We Picked The Best Mobile Legends VPNs
Picking the best VPN for MLBB requires careful consideration of several factors. Here’s a quick rundown of the criteria we used to choose the best VPNs for Mobile Legends:
- Mobile App Quality — As the game is only available on Android and iOS, the best VPNs for Mobile Legends: Bang Bang should offer excellent mobile app support. The apps need to possess quality features and adhere to a certain standard of user-friendliness.
- Speed and Performance — The right VPN for MLBB needs to ensure smooth gameplay and minimize lag. To do this, it should offer quality servers capable of maintaining fast connection speeds.
- Server Locations — Equally important as the previous factor, the VPN should offer a fairly large global network. This enables you to pick the nearest server to the Mobile Legends servers and minimize lag and latency issues.
- Security Features — A VPN should also offer strong encryption, a strict no-logging policy, and additional security features such as a kill switch. This guarantees the safety of your Internet traffic when playing Mobile Legends: Bang Bang.
- Price and Value for Money — Lastly, the VPN should offer good value for money. Using VPNs for Mobile Legends is a bit of a luxury, but it doesn’t mean that you should overpay for the service.
Can a VPN Cause Lag When I Play Mobile Legends?
Using a VPN for Mobile Legends can potentially cause lag, but it depends on several factors. The speed and quality of your connection can make a significant difference. Also, the distance between your VPN server and the game’s servers can affect your gameplay.
To ensure that these factors don’t impact your experience when you play Mobile Legends, you need to pick a reliable VPN provider with a quality server network. Also, you should pick a VPN server that’s physically close to your real location and isn’t overcrowded with other VPN users.
How to Play Mobile Legends With a VPN
Setting up a VPN to play MLBB is straightforward, and you can do it in a few steps. Here’s how to use a VPN to play MLBB:
- Get a VPN subscription from one of the best VPN services for MLBB (I recommend NordVPN).
- Download the app for your iOS or Android device.
- Open the app and log in.
- Connect to a server of your choice.
- Open Mobile Legends and enjoy!
Sideloading a VPN On Your Mobile Device
If the VPN of your choice isn’t available in the Google Play Store/Apple App Store, there are alternative methods you can go for to get the VPN mobile apps on your device. This is to sideload the VPN with the .config file or the .apk file. Both methods are entirely legitimate but more technically demanding.
However, if these methods sound complex, there’s no need to worry. The five VPNs I listed above are all available in the two most popular app stores. You can easily download them on your device and install them automatically.
How to Change Your Server Region on Mobile Legends?
As the game connects your account to a specific server location, changing between multiple servers is more difficult than with other online games. Still, with the tips I’ll provide you, changing servers on MLBB is a fairly simple task. Here’s how to change your server location on MLBB:
- Open the Mobile Legends app.
- Erase your account data.
- Close the app.
- Open the VPN app and pick one of the nearby fast servers.
- Once connected to the VPN’s server, open MLBB again. You should be assigned the new region corresponding to your VPN’s server connection.
- Create a new MLBB account.
- Start playing Mobile Legends from your new location!
Additionally, make sure to always establish the same VPN connection before opening the game. This will ensure that your connection works properly every time.
How to Pick the Best VPN Server For Mobile Legends
Picking the best server location for MLBB depends on several factors. Primarily, you should pick a VPN location that is closest to your real location. This will ensure a fast connection with minimal lag.
Also, some MLBB regions are generally better to play in than others. Primarily, Europe and North America are the two regions best for playing Mobile Legends. This is because the servers in these locations aren’t as crowded as in Asia, so you can rank higher more easily.
Moreover, if you’re a beginner or casual player, avoid playing on servers in Asia, specifically in South East Asia. This is because these servers make a very competitive landscape and the environment can often get toxic and unpleasant to play in.
What to Do When Your VPN Isn’t Working With Mobile Legends? – Best Troubleshooting Tips
If your Mobile Legends game isn’t working with your VPN app, here are a few quick and easy troubleshooting tips that can help:
- Check your Internet Connection — Ensure that your Internet connection is stable and active. If the connection is faulty and you have the VPN kill switch on, the kill switch might be blocking your Internet traffic to protect your mobile device.
- Try a Different Server — If your VPN connection is active but not working with Mobile Legends, try connecting to a different VPN server location to see if it resolves the issue. This can help fix the problem if you’ve been connected to an overcrowded or blocked VPN server.
- Update the VPN App — The issue could also be due to the fact that you’re using an outdated version of the app. Updating it can help fix the underlying bug.
- Contact your VPN Provider — If the problem persists, contact your VPN provider’s customer support team for assistance. They may be able to provide further troubleshooting tips or resolve the issue on their end.
- Check for Game Updates — Make sure that you have the latest version of Mobile Legends installed on your device. Game updates may sometimes cause issues with the VPN’s connection.
- Change the VPN Provider — If none of the above troubleshooting tips work, consider trying a different VPN provider that is known to work well with the Mobile Legends game.
Can I Use a Free VPN Provider for Mobile Legends?
Using a free VPN for Mobile Legends can be a bad idea for several reasons. Firstly, free VPNs may not offer strong enough security measures to protect your personal information and data.
Since free VPN services need to generate revenue to maintain their service, they may collect and sell your browsing data to third-party advertisers, potentially compromising your privacy.
Secondly, free VPNs often have speed and data restrictions, which will negatively affect your Mobile Legends gaming experience. This can cause lag or latency issues, making it difficult to play the game smoothly.
While there are many other arguments against free VPNs, these two significant reasons are enough to avoid using free VPN services for Mobile Legends. Instead, consider investing in a reputable paid VPN service that can offer better privacy, faster speeds, and reliable connectivity.
The Best Free VPN For Mobile Legends
Besides being one of my top premium VPN picks, Atlas VPN is arguably the best free VPN you can get. Its free plan ensures your privacy and security while using Mobile Legends, as it comes with all of the features of the premium version.
This means that you can rely on its high-speed VPN servers, which are faster than any VPN server you can get with a regular free VPN. Of course, as it comes free of charge, there are certain limitations.
Specifically, you can only pick between three servers. Additionally, you only get 5 GB per month, which might not be enough if you’re an avid MLBB player. Still, with unlimited connections and great mobile support, it’s the best alternative if you don’t want to pay for a premium VPN service.
- Best VPNs for Fortnite
- Best VPNs for Clash of Clans
- Best VPNs for Dota 2
- Best VPN for League of Legends
Mobile Legends VPN FAQs
Can I Use a VPN to Play Mobile Legends?
Yes, you can use a VPN to play Mobile Legends. Using a VPN with Mobile Legends can help you improve latency and lower your ping. It can also help you access it from different locations and avoid geo-blocking. Plus, it secures your Internet connection.
Can You Get Banned for Using a VPN With Mobile Legends?
No, using a Virtual Private Network won’t get you banned from this mobile game. The only scenario in which you’ll get banned from playing Mobile Legends is if you’re using plugins or tools to cheat or get any advantage in the game.
Can I Change Servers in Mobile Legends?
Yes, you can change Mobile Legends: Bang Bang server locations. The best way to do so is to use a capable and secure VPN. However, keep in mind that you will have to create a new MLBB account whenever you want to change the server location.
Which VPN is Best for Mobile Legends?
NordVPN is the best VPN for Mobile Legends due to its fast and reliable servers, excellent security features, and user-friendly interface. It works with MLBB on any server without a fault and delivers a superb experience.
What’s The Best VPN for Mobile Legends in India?
As you might know, Mobile Legends has been banned in India since 2020. For this reason, you need a strong and reliable VPN to play it in the country. With that in mind, I recommend NordVPN as the best VPN service for MLBB for Indian players.
Can a VPN For Mobile Legends Help Me Reduce Ping?
Yes, using a Mobile Legends: Bang Bang VPN can help you reduce ping in the game. This can happen if your ISP is throttling your regular Internet connection. In that case, VPN traffic will travel more efficiently without any bandwidth throttling.
Which VPN is Best for Mobile Legends? – A Quick Sum Up
Playing Mobile Legends with a VPN is a smart decision, as it makes your overall gaming experience much better. You can explore different regions and play against many other players. More importantly, you can add an extra security and privacy layer to your Internet traffic. All while simultaneously improving network performance.
Ultimately, the answer to what the best VPN for MLBB is is a subjective one. Each of the five VPNs I featured on this page comes with great features that make it suitable for MLBB. You won’t go wrong no matter which of the five you decide to opt for. That said, my recommendation for the best VPN to play Mobile Legends goes to NordVPN.
Cybersecurity and VPN researcher