5 Best VPNs for Vuze in 2023 (Anonymous Torrenting, Bind IP)
Are you a frequent user of Vuze for torrenting? Then you know how important it is to keep your online activities anonymous and secure.
Vuze is a pretty good torrent client that uses the BitTorrent protocol to download files. But to get the most out of it, you need to use a Virtual Private Network. Otherwise, your ISP can detect your P2P traffic, and copyright trolls can collect your IP addresses from the torrent swarm.
Unfortunately, finding a good VPN for Vuze is difficult. Many VPNs either don’t work well with this P2P client, or offer poor torrenting support, security, and speeds.
Our testing has shown that NordVPN is the best Vuze VPN.
We managed to find the best VPNs for Vuze that provide an excellent torrenting experience.
In this article, we’ll review the top VPN services that are specifically optimized for Vuze torrent client, so you can enjoy fast and safe torrenting.
Best VPNs for Vuze – our shortlist:
- NordVPN — best overall VPN for Vuze
- Surfshark — allows torrenting on unlimited devices.
- Atlas VPN — good free plan for torrenting.
- PrivateVPN — beginner-friendly Vuze VPN.
- ExpressVPN — has a large P2P server network.
Why Should You Use Vuze with a VPN?
Here are the main reasons to use a VPN for Vuze:
- Hide P2P traffic — A VPN tunnel encrypts your data, making it unreadable so you can download torrents anonymously without ISP detection.
- Hide your IP — when you connect to a VPN server, its IP address replaces your real IP address. That prevents anyone in the torrent swarm from collecting your original IP, like copyright trolls and lawyers.
- Secure your data — VPNs make your internet connection and traffic unreadable, so nobody can monitor it. Due to that, hackers can’t spy on it to try and steal sensitive information, like your private P2P site account login credentials.
- Stop bandwidth throttling — if your ISP doesn’t like that you’re torrenting using their internet connection, they might slow down your speeds. Well, a VPN stops your ISP from seeing your P2P traffic, so they won’t be able to enforce bandwidth limits.
- Unblock P2P sites — VPNs can help you access torrent sites that are blocked in your country through your normal connection. They do that by allowing you to communicate with the web through a new IP address, which doesn’t have firewall restrictions linked to it.
VPN for Torrenting Comparison
|Ranking for Torrenting||1 – THE BEST||2||3||4||5|
|Avg. Speed||46,4 Mbps||40,1 Mbps||35,9 Mbps||43,6 Mbps||42,2 Mbps|
|P2P Traffic||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|Logs||No-logs||No identifiable logs||No identifiable logs||No logs||No identifiable logs|
|Port Forwarding||❌ No||❌ No||❌ No||✅ Yes||✅ Yes (on Routers)|
|Best Deals||63% OFF + Gift||Save 81%||83% OFF||Save 85%||3 months FREE|
Best Vuze VPNs – our detailed list:
We researched and tested 20+ popular VPN services for torrenting to see which ones provide the best torrenting experience with Vuze. According to our results, these are the best 5 VPNs for Vuze right now:
NordVPN is the best Vuze VPN software on the market. In our tests, we never experienced any bugs or issues while using Vuze with this VPN.
Plus, it’s great that this provider has excellent torrenting support — you get 4,900+ P2P servers in 45+ countries. That makes it extremely easy to find and connect to a nearby server to get fast torrenting speeds.
In our tests, we had blazing-fast speeds, especially while using the provider’s proprietary NordLynx protocol. It only took us about 10 minutes to download 15 GB torrent files on nearby servers, and 13–14 minutes to do it on distant servers.
Speaking of P2P speeds, there are also many ways to increase them. NordVPN comes with SOCKS5 proxy servers, which hide your real IP address just like a VPN but don’t provide encryption. So, they provide faster downloads – on average, our speeds increased by 15% when using SOCKS5 servers.
In addition to that, split-tunneling is available, which lets you choose which apps use the VPN and which apps use your local network. By only sending Vuze client traffic through NordVPN, we managed to boost our P2P speeds by about 10%.
We also really like how this VPN comes with high-end security to protect your Vuze traffic. It only uses RAM-only servers, which means every server reboot wipes all data. What’s more, only the provider’s staff has access to most servers. So, malicious actors can’t compromise the data stored on them. It also has perfect forward secrecy, which changes your encryption key for each VPN session to increase your security.
It’s also great how NordVPN has a twice-audited zero-logs policy, proving this VPN doesn’t log any user data. Threat Protection is also available, which blocks ads on torrent trackers and connections to malicious P2P sites. Also, Threat Protection scans the torrent files you download for malware and removes any malicious content if it detects it. Furthermore, with this secure VPN, you get full leak protection.
NordVPN provides easy-to-use apps for all major platforms, allows 6 simultaneous connections, and has 24/7 live chat. Its plans are affordable and backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
To find out more about NordVPN, check out our full review.
|Has 4,900+ P2P high speed servers in 45+ countries||Doesn’t have port forwarding|
|Provides blazing-fast P2P speeds||Only allows 6 connections|
|Has SOCKS5 proxy servers|
|Twice-audited no-logs policy|
|Uses RAM-only servers|
|Has perfect forward secrecy|
|Blocks ads and malicious sites, and protects you from malicious files|
|Has full leak protection|
Surfshark is one of the best VPN services for Vuze if you torrent on tons of devices or if everyone in your family needs a VPN for Vuze. That’s because this provider allows unlimited simultaneous connections. That means you can use it on as many devices as you want.
We had everyone in our office test this VPN with Vuze by downloading tons of public-domain torrents. We never experienced any issues or errors even though we used the VPN on 20+ devices.
This VPN supports torrenting on 3,200+ servers in 60+ countries. So, you’re not likely to torrent on an overcrowded server, which would normally slow down your speeds. In our speed tests, we were always able to download 15 GB files in around 14–17 minutes, which is really good.
Surfshark doesn’t come with SOCKS5 proxies and port forwarding. On the plus side, it has split-tunneling (called Bypasser) on Android and Windows apps. We were able to use the Bypasser feature to boost our Vuze speeds by about 15%, which is great.
In addition to that, this VPN provides excellent security for torrenting on Vuze. It only uses RAM-only servers and has an ad blocker (CleanWeb) that protects you from malicious ads and sites.
It also has perfect forward secrecy. What’s more, its Nexus feature changes your IP address throughout the VPN session without dropping the connection. Good WebRTC and DNS leak protection are also available, but there’s no IPv6 leak protection, so you need to manually disable it.
For a small additional price, you can also get built-in access to a very good antivirus to protect your device from malicious torrents. Also, an alert service is available, which lets you know if your account data has been leaked on the web.
This VPN works on all major platforms and is very easy to use. It also has 24/7 live chat, affordable plans, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
To read more about this provider, check out our in-depth Surfshark review.
|Allows unlimited connections||Doesn’t have port forwarding|
|Has 3,200+ P2P servers in 60+ countries||Doesn’t have SOCKS proxy|
|Very good torrenting speeds|
|Uses RAM-only servers|
|Has perfect forward secrecy|
|Blocks ads and malicious sites|
|Nexus feature regularly changes your IP address|
|Good antivirus and alert features available as paid add-ons|
3. Atlas VPN
If you need a decent free VPN software for Vuze, Atlas VPN is a pretty solid option. It has one of the only free plans that allows torrenting, and it also supports unlimited simultaneous connections. Also, you get strong security and privacy. That said, the free plan is only good for torrenting small files, as it limits you to 5 GB per month. What’s more, you can only use servers in the Netherlands and the US.
Upgrading to the paid plans, which are super cheap, gives you access to unlimited data. You also get access to P2P support on 700+ servers in 30+ countries. While the number of countries isn’t that big, the server locations are evenly spread around the globe. So, it’s still easy to use nearby servers to get fast P2P speeds. In our tests, it only took us about 15–17 minutes to download 15 GB files on average.
Atlas VPN also provides access to split-tunneling, but it’s only available on Android. On the plus side, you get SafeSwap servers, which regularly change your IP addresses without disconnecting you from the server. This provides more privacy in the torrent swarm.
In addition to that, you get Tracker Blocker, which gets rid of annoying ads and protects you from shady torrenting sites. This VPN also has a feature that sends you alerts if your account data is compromised by a leak. So, you could use Atlas VPN to secure your accounts on private P2P sites.
This provider has user-friendly apps for all operating systems. Also, it provides live chat for paid plans and responsive email support for free plans. It backs each purchase with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For a more in-depth look at this VPN, please read our Atlas VPN review.
|Good free plan for torrenting small files||Doesn’t have port forwarding|
|Allows unlimited connections|
|700+ P2P servers in 30+ countries||Doesn’t have SOCKS5 proxies|
|Fast P2P speeds||Split-tunneling is only available on Android|
|Blocks ads and malicious P2P sites|
|Alerts you if account data has been leaked|
|Regularly changes your IP to provide better privacy|
If you want to use Vuze with port forwarding, this VPN is a good pick. This way, you can connect to more peers to get faster speeds. We always had fast torrenting speeds with this VPN, but when we used port forwarding, they increased by about 5–10%.
PrivateVPN allows torrenting on only 200+ servers, but they are located in 60+ countries evenly spread around the globe. So, it’s extremely easy to connect to a nearby server to torrent with fast speeds. However, this VPN has SOCKS5 proxies, but only for Tor, so you can’t use them on Vuze. Also, it’s missing split tunneling.
However, you get pretty strong privacy and security with this provider. It’s missing WebRTC leak protection, but it has IPv6 and DNS leak protection. Also, it has an app-based internet kill switch that shuts down selected apps if the VPN disconnects. We tested the kill switch with Vuze, and it always worked as intended.
We think this Vuze VPN is pretty good for beginners, as its apps are very minimalist. So, you never feel overwhelmed when using them. Plus, it’s nice how all features and VPN settings have helpful explanations.
PrivateVPN allows up to 10 connections and provides 24/7 live chat. Its plans are very cheap, and there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee.
|Supports P2P traffic on 200+ servers in 60+ countries||Doesn’t support SOCKS5 setups in P2P clients|
|Has port forwarding||Doesn’t have WebRTC leak protection|
|Fast torrent downloads||Doesn’t have split-tunneling|
|Has good app-based kill switch|
|Very beginner-friendly apps|
|Allows 10 connections|
ExpressVPN is a great VPN for Vuze, as we never experienced any issues while using it with this P2P client. We especially like that it allows torrenting on 3,000+ servers in 90+ countries, so it’s extremely easy to find a nearby server to torrent on.
Plus, it has Lightway, its proprietary open-source protocol that’s designed to be super fast and very secure. Whenever we torrent using this provider, it usually took us just 14 minutes to download a 15 GB file.
This provider doesn’t have SOCKS5 proxies. Also, it allows port forwarding, but only on its router app. What’s more, it comes with split-tunneling — our downloads always increased by about 10% when using it.
We really like how secure this Vuze VPN is for torrenting. Its no-logs policy has been independently audited and it has a private DNS. Also, it has been proven true when government authorities seized one of its servers and didn’t find anything on it. Plus, this provider has RAM-only servers, perfect forward secrecy, and full leak protection.
We’re also big fans of this provider’s Threat Manager, which protects you from shady sites, such as malicious torrent trackers. Unfortunately, it can’t block ads.
This VPN service also comes with easy-to-use apps for all platforms and 24/7 live chat. Its plans are a bit pricey, but they are all backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Want to find out more about this VPN? Check out our full ExpressVPN review.
|Allows torrenting on 3,000+ servers in 90+ countries||Doesn’t have SOCKS5 proxy servers|
|Lightning-fast torrenting speeds||Only allows 5 connections|
|Has port forwarding (only via its router app)||One of the more expensive VPNs on the market|
|No-logs policy has been audited and proven true|
|Has RAM-only servers|
|Has perfect forward secrecy|
|Protects you from malicious P2P sites|
Testing Methodology: How Did We Select the Best VPNs for Vuze
When it comes to finding the best VPNs for Vuze, we used the following criteria to ensure a reliable and secure experience:
- P2P support: the VPN connection should allow for P2P traffic on its servers, with a wide selection of P2P servers worldwide or dedicated torrenting servers.
- Compatibility with Vuze: the VPN should work seamlessly with the Vuze torrent client, without causing any downloading or connectivity issues.
- Fast P2P speeds: while VPNs may slow down your speeds, the best ones will minimize this effect and offer very fast torrenting speeds.
- Strong security: the VPN server should have industry-standard and some advanced security features, including a no-logs policy, internet kill switch, leak protection, and bank-grade encryption.
- Extra features: it’s a bonus if the VPN offers additional P2P-related features like split-tunneling or SOCKS5 proxies.
- User-friendly: the VPN should have intuitive apps that are easy to use, without requiring third-party clients or complicated tutorials.
- Good value: the provider should offer affordable plans with multiple simultaneous connections and a generous money-back guarantee.
We’ll help you pick the best and fastest VPN for Vuze that meets all of these criteria, ensuring that you can torrent with peace of mind and privacy.
How to Set Up Vuze with a VPN
Setting up Vuze with a VPN connection is easy and it’s the best way to protect your online privacy.
Here’s how to bind Vuze with VPN step-by-step:
- Choose a VPN provider that supports P2P traffic and has fast download speeds.
- Download and install the VPN software on your device.
- Connect to a VPN server that allows P2P traffic. This is important, as not all servers support P2P traffic.
- Open Vuze and go to “Tools” > “Options”.
- Click on the “Connection” tab and enter the following settings:
- Bind Vuze to local IP address or interface: select your VPN network adapter.
- Enforce IP bindings even when interfaces are not available: check this box.
- IP/Hostname to bind to: leave this blank.
- Click on the “Transfer” tab and configure the following settings:
- Maximum upload speed: set to a reasonable value to avoid throttling by your ISP.
- Maximum download speed: set to your desired speed limit.
- Global maximum number of connections: set to a reasonable value.
- Maximum number of connected peers per torrent: set to a reasonable value.
- Click on the “Privacy” tab and make sure the following options are enabled:
- Enable anonymous mode: check this box.
- Disable connections not supported by proxies: check this box.
- Use proxy for peer-to-peer connections: check this box and enter the proxy server details provided by your VPN provider (optional).
How to Bind Vuze to a VPN Interface
To do this, you need to bind your VPN’s IP address to Vuze. That way, Vuze will only download torrents if it’s connected to the VPN’s IP address or network interface. Here’s how you can enable Vuze interface binding:
- Open Vuze and connect to the VPN.
- Go to Tools > Options, and click on Mode when the pop-up window shows up.
- Under the User Proficiency option, select Advanced.
- Click Save.
- From the Options menu, go to Connection > Advanced Network Settings.
- Next to Bind to local IP address or interface, add the VPN’s IP address or network interface.
- Finally, check the Enforce IP bindings even when interfaces are not available option and click Save. The small routing icon at the bottom will turn green to indicate that Vuze is bound to the VPN interface.
Vuze VPN FAQs
Is Vuze safe?
Vuze is a safe and legitimate BitTorrent client. But Vuze users who use it for downloading torrents of copyrighted material or for illegal purposes can face legal issues. It is important to use caution and download legal torrents while using Vuze or any other torrent client.
Does Vuze support RSS?
Yes, Vuze supports RSS feeds. This helps Vuze users automatically download new torrents based on specified criteria.
Does Vuze have a VPN?
Vuze has its own Virtual Private Network called VuzeVPN. However, it performed poorly in speed tests. It took 40-50 minutes to download 15GB files on most servers, which is slow. For the pricing, other top VPNs like NordVPN offer better value, making them a better choice than VuzeVPN.
Does NordVPN Work with Vuze?
Yes, NordVPN is compatible with Vuze and other torrent clients. When we used it with this P2P client, we never experienced any issues. Our downloads never stalled, speeds were always fast and stable, and we never encountered any errors or crashes.
It provides excellent torrenting support, fast P2P speeds, and a 30-day money-back guarantee. In short, it’s the fastest VPN for Vuze.
Can I Use Free VPNs for Vuze torrenting?
Yes, you can use a free VPN for Vuze, but it’s not recommended. Free VPNs often come with limitations, such as data caps, slow speeds, and fewer server locations. These limitations don’t provide unlimited access to servers and can greatly affect your torrenting experience, making it difficult to download large files.
Is Vuze Free to Use?
Yes, Vuze comes with a free plan. It lets you use the torrent client and provides access to a built-in search engine. Unfortunately, the free plan comes with ads. Vuze also has a very affordable paid subscription, which gets rid of the ads.
How to Use Vuze Anonymously
To use Vuze anonymously, you should first use a reliable VPN service. A VPN encrypts your internet traffic and hides your real IP address. Next, configure Vuze to use the VPN connection and enable anonymous mode.
Does Vuze Require You to Use a VPN?
No, but it’s always a good idea to use VPNs that support Vuze because they can protect your privacy from hackers. They also stop ISPs from seeing your torrent traffic.
Which secure VPN is best for Vuze?
According to our tests, NordPVN is the most secure and the best VPN for Vuze and P2P traffic.