Does TorGuard Work With Netflix?
With most VPNs struggling to avoid Netflix blocks and reliably access the platform, TorGuard is still a solid performer that can stream Netflix in over half a dozen libraries. It maintains fast speeds, thousands of servers worldwide, and many other features that make it a suitable Netflix VPN.
That said, you should know a few caveats before getting a TorGuard subscription. In this detailed overview of TorGuard for Netflix, we’ll assess this VPN provider’s capabilities, reliability, and overall quality when it comes to streaming Netflix content in different regions.
or Check Out Netflix VPN Alternatives
Does TorGuard Work With Netflix?
Yes, TorGuard works with Netflix. It can establish a connection to Netflix catalogs in many regions. You can use TorGuard to unblock the in-demand US library, but also UK, JP, SP, FR, and DE libraries. Overall, it’s a solid service for video streaming for those who want to explore Netflix content in different regions.
With that in mind, if you want to do so, you’ll have to opt for an additional dedicated IPs package with some of its subscription plans. If you opt for the TorGuard Pro Plan or Premium plan, you will get a dedicated IP address as part of your subscription.
When it comes to these IPs, TorGuard actually offers several differently-priced options you can choose from. You can get a simple dedicated IP or even a streaming-optimized one.
When it comes to the latter, these IPs are available in eight cities worldwide and are specially designed to unblock streaming sites and enable you to watch content in different regions.
Still, while they can provide reliable Netflix streaming, these streaming-oriented IP addresses come with an additional price tag of $7.99. This makes TorGuard quite an expensive VPN for streaming.
The service offers streaming IP addresses in Australia, Poland, Singapore, and the United States. Unfortunately, it still doesn’t have such options for popular Netflix regions like the UK, Japan, or Germany. Moreover, it also means that it isn’t as reliable at unblocking these regions as it is in locations where it offers streaming servers.
Test Your VPN Knowledge – Take A Quiz!
How to Unblock Netflix With TorGuard
Unblocking Netflix with TorGuard requires a simple setup process that you can complete without any extensive experience. To guide you through this process, we’ve prepared a quick five-step setup tutorial:
- Download the appropriate TorGuard app for your device from the provider’s official site.
- Install and log into the app.
- Once logged in, choose the location you want to connect to.
- Wait for a connection to be established.
- Open the Netflix app or load the site in your browser and start streaming!
What To Do If TorGuard Is Not Working With Netflix?
If you’ve followed the steps and TorGuard still isn’t working, you can try a few fixes to see if they resolve the issue:
- Switch Servers — Change your location in the VPN app to one recommended by your VPN provider. If you’ve purchased a streaming-optimized location, connecting to it will get you better unblocking results.
- Clear Browser Cache — If you’re streaming Netflix through your browser, make sure to clear your browser’s cache and cookies, as Netflix can use them to detect your location.
- Restart TorGuard or Your Device — Often, restarting the VPN or your device can resolve the issue. Doing so provides a “fresh start” and helps clear any network connectivity issues or bugs that might have arisen in the previous session.
- Change the VPN — Lastly, you can use TorGuard’s seven-day money-back guarantee to get your money back and sign up with a better Netflix VPN. There are several picks worth trying out, and you can check out our recommendations below.
Best TorGuard Netflix Alternatives
TorGuard is a solid option for unblocking Netflix in several locations. That said, if you want a more reliable provider or, equally as important, a cheaper service for accessing different libraries, here are my top five picks for the best TorGuard Netflix alternatives:
- NordVPN — NordVPN is the superior choice for streaming content on Netflix. It is the fastest streaming VPN and uses its proprietary NordLynx protocol. This provider is also a very capable unblocker able of accessing Netflix in any region you want to stream. Plus, it’s arguably the most secure and private VPN you can get.
- Surfshark — An affordable pick with unlimited simultaneous connections, Surfshark is one of the best services for those who want to share a streaming VPN with their friends or household members. It can easily unblock Netflix in the United States, the UK, and other popular Netflix regions.
- Atlas VPN — Atlas VPN is a reliable, albeit slightly slower pick than the previous two alternatives. Still, it’s an excellent unblocker that comes with several advanced features. Another standout characteristic is its free plan with limited data, which you can use to access Netflix in the United States or the Netherlands.
- PrivateVPN — With its servers offering an uptime of 99.98%, PrivateVPN is the most reliable VPN in the business. It has fast and consistent speeds suitable for HD streaming in the most popular Netflix regions.
- ExpressVPN — ExpressVPN is one of the few premium streaming VPNs that can access any streaming platform without any issues. However, while it’s not as expensive as TorGuard, ExpressVPN is still among the pricier services. With that in mind, with its unblocking, streaming, and privacy capabilities combined, it’s worth every penny.
- Does NordVPN Work With Netflix?
- How to Watch Netflix With Surfshark?
- AtlasVPN with Netflix Works Well?
- PureVPN Netflix Guide
- Does Stong VPN work With Netflix?
TorGuard Netflix FAQs:
Can you use a free VPN to unblock Netflix?
Using a free VPN to unblock Netflix can be challenging and often ineffective. Many free VPNs have slow speeds, and limited servers, and likely won’t reliably bypass Netflix’s geo-restrictions. If you want reliable streaming, always opt for a premium VPN.
Can you get banned for using a VPN to access Netflix?
While it’s not common for Netflix to ban users for VPN use, it will most likely just block them from their service if it detects VPN activity. In that case, you’ll receive an error message, but you will regain access once you disconnect from the VPN.
What should I do if my VPN doesn’t work with Netflix?
If your VPN isn’t working with Netflix, you can try the following workaround tips to fix the issue:
- Switch to a different VPN server
- Clear browser cookies and cache
- Update your VPN app
- Contact the VPN’s support service
- Switch to a different service
Is it illegal to use a VPN with Netflix?
Using a VPN with Netflix is not illegal. That said, it violates Netflix’s terms of service. Netflix’s terms explicitly state that subscribers should only use it where they have opened an account and only from locations where they offer the service.
Do I Need to Pay for American Netflix With a US Payment Method?
No, you don’t need a US payment method to watch this Netflix library. You can use any payment method available in your country. After you purchase a Netflix subscription, you can simply use a VPN to change your location and stream the USA version.
Is TorGuard fast enough for Netflix streaming?
TorGuard is surprisingly one of the fastest VPNs you can use to stream on Netflix. This provider offers fast speeds across its entire network. That said, it can be unreliable at times, so it’s key to pick the right location when watching content.
Cybersecurity and VPN researcher