5 Best VPNs for FIFA 21 and 23 in 2023 (Low Ping and Fast Speeds)
Fifa VPN Key Points
- Fast speeds, stability, and low ping are crucial when you play FIFA online. This is why it’s crucial to pick the right VPN service and server for FIFA.
- Avoid playing FIFA with free VPNs. They offer subpar performance and can’t protect you against online threats.
- You won’t get banned for using a VPN to access FIFA game servers.
Our testing has shown that NordVPN is the best VPN for Fifa 23.
FIFA 23 is the final game in the franchise under the 29-year partnership between EA and FIFA. From classic story mode to multiplayer mode and FIFA Ultimate Team, and many other features, FIFA 23 is a gem for every football fan. It’s easy to understand why it’s one of the most popular sports games worldwide. But, as with previous iterations, playing FIFA 23 online has some persistent issues.
High ping and in-game lag are, unfortunately, relatively common occurrences in the game. This is especially the case if your regional server is far from your physical location. Depending on the extent of the issue, the game can be practically unplayable. There’s also the threat of DDoSing from malicious players.
The good news is you can improve on high ping problems and secure your gaming session simply by using a VPN for gaming when playing FIFA. On this page, I’ll cover everything you need to know about the best FIFA VPNs and help you choose the most suitable service.
Test Your VPN Knowledge – Take A Quiz!
Best VPNs for FIFA 23 – Our Shortlist
- NordVPN – Best VPN for FIFA 23.
- Surfshark – A very light and fast VPN for gaming.
- AtlasVPN – Best budget VPN for FIFA 23.
- PrivateVPN – Excellent, reliable, and simple FIFA VPN.
- ExpressVPN – Safe, strong, and very powerful.
Why Use a VPN to Play FIFA Games?
Whether you’re a casual fan of the game or a competitive FIFA 23 player, there are plenty of reasons why you should consider using a VPN when playing this game. Here are several examples of how a FIFA VPN can enhance your gaming experience:
Lower Lag and Latency
Needless to say, the most prevalent reason why players use VPNs to play games like FIFA is to lower their ping and eliminate lag. By connecting to private servers closest to your physical location, you can reduce latency and lower lag, which can improve your gameplay experience.
Avoid Restrictions From Your Internet Provider
Some Internet Service Providers have an underhanded practice of throttling their users’ bandwidth, which effectively slows down their traffic. This can be especially annoying when you want to play fast-paced online games like FIFA 23. A VPN can help you avoid bandwidth throttling from your Internet Service Provider, as it masks your IP address with the IP of the server location of your choice.
Change Servers on FIFA 23
With a VPN, you’re no longer tied to your physical location when it comes to picking your online opponents. You can match up against players from all over the world simply by picking VPN servers in different regions that you want to explore.
Improve Online Security and Privacy
A VPN for FIFA doesn’t only serve to improve your connection speeds. It can also enhance your privacy and security, and keep you safe while playing this game. Using a VPN can help protect your online activities from prying eyes, including your Internet service provider, hackers, and government surveillance.
Avoid IP Bans
After browsing EA’s forums extensively, the overall feedback I got is that FIFA 23 rarely IP bans its players. While this is good to hear (especially compared to some other online games), IP bans can still happen if you break the game’s T&Cs. If this does occur, it’s reassuring to know that you can easily go around the ban by using a VPN to switch your IP address.
FIFA VPN Comparison
|Ranking for Gaming||5/5||4.8/5||4.6/5||4.6/5||4.8/5|
|Avg. Speed||46,4 Mbps||40,1 Mbps||35,9 Mbps||43,6 Mbps||42,2 Mbps|
|Logs||No-logs||No identifiable logs||No identifiable logs||No logs||No identifiable logs|
|Suitable for Games||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|P2P Traffic||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|Best Deals||63% OFF + Gift||Save 81%||83% OFF||Save 85%||3 months FREE|
Best VPNs for FIFA – our detailed list:
Few services in the VPN industry can offer as many locations as NordVPN. It has over 5,500 fast servers in 60 countries. This makes it the VPN with the biggest server network on this list. What’s more, all servers support NordVPN’s proprietary NordLynx protocol. This protocol is great for playing games like FIFA 23 competitively and other data-intensive tasks like streaming.
NordVPN is the fastest VPN on this list. While PrivateVPN is a bit faster on SEA servers and other listed providers offer comparable performance in some aspects, NordVPN is the top performer overall.
On both UK and US servers, its lightning-fast servers delivered the best performance, suitable even for professional FIFA gamers. On average, the speed dropdown with NordVPN servers compared to regular network speeds are in single-digit percentages.
Looking at its security features, NordVPN is certainly at the very top. It protects you from DDoS attacks, offers DNS leak protection, and keeps your network safe with a kill switch.
For its quality, NordVPN offers very affordable prices. Still, it’s not as budget-friendly as PrivateVPN, Atlas VPN, or Surfshark. Moreover, unlike the latter two providers, NordVPN doesn’t offer unlimited connections, as you can only connect six devices per subscription plan.
NordVPN Speed Test for Gaming Results
|Average Speed – North America (United States)||46,4 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Europe (United Kingdom)||45,2 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Asia (Singapore)||35,3 Mbps|
|Best deal||63% OFF + Gift|
- Fastest VPN for FIFA overall
- VPN for FIFA with the most extensive server network
- Unblocks all the major streaming sites
- Strict no-logs policy and RAM-disk servers
- Protection from DDoS attacks and other online threats
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Only six simultaneous connections
- More expensive than some of my other picks
Surfshark has a network of over 3,200 servers in 100 countries worldwide. This is over 2,000 servers less than what NordVPN offers. But, this difference in numbers isn’t a deal-breaker, as Surfshark’s network still offers the second-best coverage out of my five picks.
The service is marked by extremely fast speeds, ideal for highly demanding online gaming. From nearby servers to long-distance connections, Surfshark is only about 5% to 10% slower than NordVPN.
Surfshark also has a Smart DNS feature that can change your DNS addresses. The Smart DNS service is very convenient for accessing US-based sites like Netflix, Disney+, and many other streaming services. Security-wise, it’s a very safe VPN provider that keeps you safe from DDoS attacks and other threats.
Surfshark’s primary advantage over NordVPN is that it offers unlimited simultaneous connections. This is great if you want to play Ultimate Team with your friends without worrying about how many devices you can set up the service on. What’s more, Surfshark is more affordable than NordVPN, providing a solid alternative for those who want to save as much as they can without compromising on quality.
|Average Speed – North America (United States)||85 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Europe (United Kingdom)||78 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Asia (Singapore)||71 Mbps|
|Best deal||Save 81%|
- One of the fastest FIFA VPNs
- A more affordable FIFA service than NordVPN
- Supports unlimited simultaneous connections
- Unblocks streaming platforms
- Split tunneling feature and Smart DNS
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Slightly slower than NordVPN across its entire network
- Offers significantly fewer servers than NordVPN
AtlasVPN offers advanced security and user-friendly apps great for all gamers. It has 750+ servers worldwide, a solid number, but not enough to compete with the most server-rich providers on this list. Atlas VPN is also known for its extensive features, some of which include SafeSwap, MultiHop+, split tunneling, and a network kill switch.
This VPN provider offers above-average speeds compared to most VPNs out there. That said, as we’re only focused on the best of the best, it’s important to mention that it’s the slowest VPN on this list. This might impact your decision-making if you’re a pro player looking for a service with the best possible speeds.
Atlas VPN is among the more affordable VPNs you can get. It offers fantastic value for money, especially when you consider that it’s one of only two VPNs on this list to support unlimited simultaneous connections. Along with its risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee, there’s really no reason to hesitate.
AtlasVPN Speed Test for Gaming Results
|Average Speed – North America (United States)||35,9 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Europe (United Kingdom)||34,2 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Asia (Singapore)||29,9 Mbps|
|Best deal||83% OFF|
- Stable and fast speeds across the entire network
- One of the most affordable FIFA Virtual Private Networks
- One of two VPNs for FIFA on this list with unlimited device support
- Protection against DNS leaks
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No-logs policy
- Relatively small network compared to my top two picks
- The slowest VPN for FIFA on this list
PrivateVPN might not be as widely known as my other picks, but it deservedly takes a spot as one of the top FIFA 23 VPNs. It’s a reasonably simple VPN, but one with great features for gaming. It’s also very safe, as it includes DNS leak protection, IP leak protection, and military-grade encryption. You can also use port forwarding for gaming with this VPN.
Its servers cover over 200 locations across 63 countries. You have lots of protocol choices when using the service, including the WireGuard protocol. Admittedly, this is the VPN with the smallest network on my list, but numbers alone don’t paint the full picture.
PrivateVPN is more than capable of delivering fast and stable speeds. Looking at its speeds, it’s even the fastest VPN on the SEA servers. Overall, it’s around 5% slower than NordVPN on all other servers. Moreover, PrivateVPN has the best uptime (99.98%) out of my five selections.
PrivateVPN Speed Test for Gaming Results
|Average Speed – North America (United States)||43,6 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Europe (United Kingdom)||45.9 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Asia (Singapore)||40,1 Mbps|
|Best deal||Save 85%|
- Lightning-fast servers for FIFA, especially on remote locations
- FIFA Virtual Private Network with the best uptime (99.98%)
- Strict no-logs policy
- Ten simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- VPN with the fewest servers out of my five picks
- Fewer advanced features than my other selections
If you’re using a FIFA 23 VPN equally for performance and security reasons, ExpressVPN is an excellent choice. It ranks among the best VPNs in the industry in both speed and network security.
You can count on top-notch encryption, DNS leak protection, and a very reliable kill switch. Like NordVPN, this provider has an in-house protocol, called Lightway. This protocol is particularly great for mobile users who like playing FIFA Mobile. It’s light, fast, and easy on the battery.
Speed-wise, ExpressVPN is one of the best in the business. Its speeds are very comparable to what Surfshark offers. In this regard, ExpressVPN is about 5% to 10% slower than NordVPN on most servers.
ExpressVPN has a slightly higher subscription price than any of my other picks. However, as one of the most trustworthy services in the VPN industry, ExpressVPN is worth every penny. Plus, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on all plans, so you can count on a full refund if you change your mind within the first month.
ExpressVPN Speed Test for Gaming Results
|Average Speed – North America (United States)||42,2 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Europe (United Kingdom)||40,9 Mbps|
|Average Speed – Asia (Singapore)||38,1 Mbps|
|Best deal||+3 months FREE|
- VPN for FIFA with above-average speeds
- TrustedServer technology with RAM-only servers
- Lightway protocol great for FIFA Mobile
- Premium security features
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Most expensive VPN on my list
- Supports the fewest simultaneous connections (5)
Our FIFA VPN Testing Methodology
To ensure I only filtered out the best VPNs for FIFA, I stuck to a set of criteria while evaluating and comparing the top services. Perhaps, you can also use some of these aspects to assess which VPN might be best for you based on your top preferences. Here are the benchmarks I used in my approach:
- Speed – One of the most important factors to consider when testing a VPN for FIFA is its speed. The VPN should offer fast and reliable connections that minimize latency and reduce lag, ensuring a smooth and uninterrupted gameplay experience.
- Server Locations – The VPN you pick should have a large number of server locations in its network. Moreover, this should include servers in the regions where FIFA games are popular. A broad server network will give you more options when trying to find the best server for your gaming needs.
- Unblocking Power – In order to work in the locations you want to access the game. It should have solid unblocking power. Preferably, this also includes VPN obfuscation to mask the fact that you’re using a VPN.
- Security and Privacy Features – Apart from delivering fast and stable performance, the service should also offer robust security and privacy features. This includes protection against DDoS attacks, strong encryption, a strict no-logs policy, and a kill switch. This will help ensure that your online activities are kept private and secure while playing FIFA games.
- Device Compatibility – The VPN should be easily installable on any platform you want to play FIFA 23, from PC to console. If you want to play FIFA Mobile as well, you want a VPN that offers quality apps for mobile devices.
- Additional Factors – Lastly, it’s important to consider a few factors that can weigh in a VPN’s favor based on what you’re looking for. This includes subscription prices, the number of supported connections, customer support, and overall app design.
How to Use a FIFA VPN
The setup process for playing online games with a VPN is very simple. In just a few minutes, you can gain access to any FIFA server. Here’s how to play FIFA 23 with a VPN:
- Choose a reputable provider that supports most major operating systems (I recommend NordVPN as the best pick).
- Download the appropriate VPN app for your device.
- Open the app and log in.
- Connect to a VPN location of your choice.
- Launch FIFA 23 and start playing!
I should mention that, if you want to play FIFA on your PlayStation, Xbox, or Nintendo Switch, you can’t install a VPN on these gaming consoles. Instead, you will have to set up the service manually on your router. Alternatively, if the VPN doesn’t offer router compatibility for your router, you can also set up a hotspot on your PC and connect the console with an Ethernet cable.
Can Use a Free VPN To Play FIFA?
While using a free gaming VPN may seem like a tempting option for playing FIFA, the risks and limitations may outweigh the benefits. Here are a few arguments why you shouldn’t use free VPNs for FIFA:
- Slow Connection Speeds – Free VPNs don’t have the resources as premium VPNs to offer top-quality servers. Moreover, servers are often overcrowded, which can lead to slower connection speeds. This can cause lag, making gameplay frustrating and unenjoyable.
- Limited Server Options – Free providers often have a limited number of servers, which can limit your ability to connect to servers in different countries. This can be a problem if you’re trying to access content that’s only available in certain regions.
- Security Risks – Most free VPN providers are not as secure as paid VPNs. They may log your data, inject ads, or even sell your data to third parties.
- Unreliable Performance – Free VPN services typically don’t deliver reliable performance, with connection drops, disconnections, or other technical issues. This can make it difficult to play FIFA without interruptions or delays.
- Blocked By FIFA Servers – Some servers may block connections from VPNs, which can prevent you from playing FIFA altogether. This is more likely to happen with free VPNs, as these are often used by spammers or hackers.
FIFA VPN Related Articles:
FIFA 23 VPN FAQs
Where does EA Sports have FIFA 23 servers?
According to the latest information on the official EA Sports site, FIFA 23 currently has 27 servers across the globe. This includes 10 FIFA servers in Europe, 6 in Asia, 6 in North America, 3 in South America, and one server each in Africa and Oceania.
Is it legal to use a VPN for FIFA Gaming?
Using a VPN to play FIFA is entirely legal, and you won’t get banned for doing so. However, the legality of playing FIFA with a VPN also depends on your location. If you live in an authoritarian country, using a VPN, in general, might be considered illegal.
How fast does my Internet connection need to be to play FIFA 23?
If you want a smooth gaming experience, I recommend speeds of at least 10 to 15 Mbps. If you want to access FIFA servers abroad or in remote locations with a VPN connection, I recommend speeds of at least 15 to 20 Mbps just to stay on the safe side.
Can I use a FIFA VPN to find matches with people?
Yes, you can use a VPN for FIFA to find matches with people from different regions. By connecting to a VPN server in a different country, you can access matches and game modes that may not be available in your own region.
How to pick the best VPN server for FIFA 23?
Here’s what you need to look for when picking the best VPN FIFA servers:
- Server distance from your location
- Server distance from game servers
- Overall server speed
- Server load and congestion
VPN for FIFA – Key Takeaways to Remember
As speed and network performance are the two key factors to consider when playing FIFA online with a VPN, there’s no point in using a VPN that can’t meet these standards. Additionally, a good FIFA 23 VPN should have an extensive server network spread across many worldwide locations. Lastly, it should offer you reliable protection against DDoSing and hacker attacks.
The five services I’ve singled out on this page are all capable of this. Considering this, you shouldn’t let any potential online issue ruin your FIFA 23 online experience. Signing up and installing a VPN for FIFA is extremely simple and straightforward. If you can’t decide which of the five VPNs best suits your needs and requirements, I recommend NordVPN as my top pick.
Cybersecurity and VPN researcher